Chapter thirteen

Chapter thirteen.

~WARNING-this chapter switches back and forth between people all this chapter!~

~Nambi

I threw down another paper with a scream. I wanted my fucking Scotty back! That stupid bastard!

Owen sniffled next to me, wishing Erin would wake up from his Induced coma.

I had received a blow to the back of my head, knocking me out long enough for Erin to be stabbed in a internal organ and a rib broken, Owen beat up, and Scotty taken.

Guilt sliced at my heart every day my Scotty was gone, imagining the beatings and rapes he was probably going through. Would this set him back? Back to where he wouldn't let anyone touch him? Hell, I didn't care if I ever touched him again! I just want to visibly see him ok! Walking around and whispering in his sweet scratchy voice.

Owen got up and went to the bathroom before bring back carpet cleaner, and once again, spraying the large stain of puppy blood in the carpet. I knew the death of the puppies would break Scotty's heart, even Owen seemed so cut up about it.

That monster had stepped on them, breaking each small skull and sending blood, brain tissue and small eyes all over the carpet. Not one survived. It made me cry, what if scotty was the same way right now?

It's been a week, a freaking week! Mentally and physically, I was drained. I had, had to watch the ever so strong Greg, fall to his knees and sob, screaming and cursing at God for help. Both Scotty's parents looked so broken, his dad maybe worse then them all. His father had locked himself in his room refusing to eat. I felt horrible for Francine to be the strong person in that family.

Owen had practically begged for forgiveness to them. Torn up because he hadn't the heart to kill a man. But the mans blood on the carpet told us some things.

Who he was, and that the bullet did not exist. From Owens description, it had hit his shoulder, probably leaving it broken and infected.

The police had finally found his name too. Jason.

The police told us of how they found the house, each of the kidnapped children, ranging from six years old to thirty, all shot in the head.

My heart ached for them, especially the little six year old Evan, who barely even lived.

A knock at the door startled me, opening it, I found a police woman. "We have a lead!" She blurted. "A gas station worker spotted Jason filling up a white Ford, he spotted a mop of blonde hair against the window and called 911, but Jason had left. But they got his license plate number! We can track him now!"

I grabbed her shoulders and pulled her into a tight hug. "When did this happen?"

"An hour ago, until we find him, guards have been set up around Erin and we need you and Owen to come to the police station for safety."

I let go of her and grabbed Owens arm, hauling him to the police cruiser. He followed numbly, his eyes dazed and broken.

The ride was agonizing, the woman was constantly talking back and forth until she screamed, scaring Owen and I. "He just left the state! They have the end of the highway he's on cornered! We'll get Scotty back!"

Tears threatened to fall, but Owen beat me too it so I had to hold strong. "How long?"

"Hours maybe."

~~Scotty~~

Everything is blurred and dazed. My eyesight is dark, almost unseeing. I can see blobs of blue and red lights, the muffled sound of shouting, gunshots and cars.

I couldn't move. The pain was so intense in my whole body, that I couldn't even whimper or cry. The door I was leaning on slowly opens and I'm caught in warm arms, a hushed voice is whispering to me. It's a man. Strangely, I don't feel scared. In the days I've been beaten, I realized, I'm not scared of men. I'm scared of just him.

Another person grips my legs, making me try to curl up in pain. I feel everything from the blinding pain, to the soft gentle touches of people. But my hearing is muffled and my eye sight is blurred. I'm placed on a soft bed like object and pushed into a ambulance, the male officer who pulled me from the car sits in the ambulance with me, holding my hand and whispering to me.

My eyes start to go black but I need to know one thing. "Nami..." He has to lean in close, my words are so soft.

"He's waiting for you at the hospital." The officer replies softly.

That's all I need before I fall into darkness.

~~Nambi~~

Scotty is sent to the closest hospital, which happens to be four hours away. The police woman, who has now informed me her name is Chissy, has told us, by the time we get there, we should be able to see him. Well, just me, Owen was dropped off to be with Erin, who woke up after we got the news about Scotty being saved and Jason being taken into custody.

"Do we know what shape he's in?" I ask. We're so close, five minutes until we reach the hospital.

Chrissy bites her lip. "I think it's best you see for yourself." Her voice trembled, and she avoided my eyes. I didn't like it.

"Is he alive? Is he ok?!" I all but screamed.

"He's alive." Is all she said.

I burst into Scotty's room, panic clutching at my chest. I couldn't hold it any longer, I cried. I broke, my barrier fell. Scotty lay in the ICU, cover with a blanket with a tube down his throat, blood transfusion, and IV all attached to him. The only skin I could see was red and black, his face.

"Mr Nalin?"

Turning around I found a small female doctor. She gave me a grave look. She took my hand and led me to Scotty's bed, gently lifting up the led side of his blanket that I hadn't noticed was flat. I felt faint as it showed a gauze covered stump. "There were still enough ligaments and muscles left, if you find the right prosthetic, he can walk normally with practice."

His leg ended, three inches below his knee, left to a stump. "You couldn't save it?"

She winced. "The man who hurt him, he used a blunt object, the bottom part of his leg was purely just attached by muscles and ligaments, the skin had rotted beyond repair and we were lucky to even save a little below his knee."

I leaned forward, gently kissing his knee and leading down to where the gauze began.

"Mr Nalin, I hope this doesn't change how you feel about Scotty." The doctor says softly.

Anger flares in me, but the thought of Scotty being Alive keeps me sane. "If anything, it makes him more fragile, but I'd never just stop loving him. Ever."

She sighs with relief. "Good."

I turn to her with a pained expression. "Was he...raped?"

She shakes her head, relief filling me. "He's covered in bruises and scrapes, but he's perfectly ok, except for the leg."

Shaking my head, I sit on the bed and take his right hand which is attached to nothing. "That's all that counts. When can I take him home?"

She turns thoughtful. "Tomorrow, if he wakes up. The blood transfusion will be done soon but I want to see how his leg looks tomorrow."

I sigh with relief and she excuses herself from the room. Taking out my phone, I call Francine to inform her that Scotty is back, but I also tell her about his leg. She thanks me in tears saying she'll be there in four hours.

It's now the waiting game for Scotty to wake up.

~~~~

AN/ c: Everyone is Alive. Comment and vote my beautiful and strong readers!