Chapter nineteen

Chapter nineteen

~Nambi.

I woke up to a happy Scotty curled into me. Unlike anytime I had ever seen him, he seemed so relaxed, practically putty in my hands. He deserved yesterday. I'd do it again if he asked. I realized, I had been a douche. I felt horrible knowing I hurt Scotty. After the things he told me yesterday, it was like a slap In the face. He basically repeated Owen's words, but with Scotty, they had a personal depth.

I clutched Scotty close to me with a sigh. He shouldn't have even forgiven me. I don't even blame him for being with Daniel. But one question plagued me. Had he had sex with Daniel? The thought hurt. But I guess I couldn't have said anything.

Scotty opens his eyes and smiles at me before frowning. "Are you ok?" I feel him tense and rub his shoulders.

"I'm fine. Just thinking a little bit about yesterday."

Mentioning yesterday sent him tense. He sat up and leaned over me placing a hand on my face. "We're over it. We forgave each other. Please move past it."

Dragging him onto my hip, I massaged his shoulders trying to get him relaxed. It worked. "Alright. What do you want to do tod-"

The door slammed open making Scotty shriek. "Sorry Scotty!" Owen rushed. Owen sent me a sharp look. "Phone." I noticed out black house phone in his hand. I sensed this was serious and sat up, placing Scotty gently beside me and took the phone, waiting till Owen shut the door behind him staring at me.

"Hello?" I called.

"Where the fuck is Scotty?" Daniels angry voice growled.

"Safe and with me."

"Bring him the fuck back!"

"He called me."

Silence echoed the phone. "You're lying. He wants me! Fucking me!"

"Do you know how to say a sentence with out a curse word in it?" I tease. I'm making it worse, but I couldn't resist.

"Shut the fuck up and bring him back before I fucking come down there and fucking take him for myself before knocking the fucking fuck out if you!"

"You said it five times! Sheesh. For a graduated college student I would've thought you had a better vocabulary."

"You fucking fucktard! You-"

Another number I didn't know suddenly flashed across the phone showing I had another call. "Sorry darling, someone else is calling us!"

I switched to the other call quickly. "Hello?"

"This is officer Coble, is Scotty McGrinder there?"

"This is his boyfriend."

"Ah, well we need him to come to police station and get a lawyer so we can talk about him testifying agains Jason."

"What time?"

"An hour."

"We'll be there."

I hung up and looked to a worried Scotty. Owen slipped from the room planning to raid me for answers later. "Who was the second call?" Scotty asked. His large blue eyes made my face soften and I pecked his soft pink lips.

"We have to go the the police station to talk about you testifying."

Tears sprang to his eyes. "I don't want to see him."

Kissing his closed eye lids, I brushed the tears away. "You won't. It will be strictly police officers and a lawyer."

He nods trembling, grabbing onto my shirt tightly. "We leave in a hour, lets shower together so we can hurry." Softly kissing his forehead I watch him gather his crutches before following me into the shower. I wanted to carry him, but I also wanted him to learn to use the crutches. I watched him wobble as he slowly made his way to the bathroom.