Chapter 5: Capture the Flag

To Mykjor Loiz Orduyo, the “son of Zeus and Hades”.

Α~Δ~Ω ~ Α~Δ~Ω ~ Α~Δ~Ω

June 27, 2012 8:19 a.m.

Five days later, I still kept dreaming the dream I had.

“You okay?” Belle asked as we walked to the mess hall for breakfast.

“Of course, why wouldn’t I be?” I lied. I slept at nine in the evening and woke up at one in the morning and I wasn’t able to sleep then. Now, my eyelids were dropping and my posture was slouched.

Belle raised an eyebrow and smirked – the “Are you kidding me?!” look. “You look like you’re going to pass out anytime soon. Haven’t you got any sleep last night?”

I sighed. I just said I have four hours of sleep (truth) it’s because I’ve grown used to sleeping in the wilderness and not somewhere secure (lie). I’ll be okay (another lie). I love her (truth) and now I’m hungry (I’m good at lying).

We reached the mess hall. Campers were already eating as we walk to our own table, again the farthest one in the hall. Demigods were chatting and laughing, but most of all there was excitement in the air.

Someone tapped my shoulder. I turned around and saw Venice. Behind her was Rogelio, her brother. She grinned. “Glad you’re here! Can’t wait for Friday to come!!!”

“What do you mean?” Belle asked. Venice just smiled her goofy smile and said, “You’ll find out!” Then she and Rogelio went back to their table.

“Weird,” Belle said as we sat. Just then, Chiron trotted up the stage at the front. Silence fell.  Hunters and Campers all turned their heads to him.

Chiron cleared his throat. “As all of you know, there are traditions in the Camp has every time the Hunters stay here.”

“He doesn’t mean . . .” Belle trailed off. My eyes widened in realization.

“We will be having a friendly Capture the Flag game between the Hunters and the Campers!!!”

The Campers cheered. The Hunters just stayed silent. Sarah looked like she was going to blow any second.

A horn sounded and breakfast ended like that.

Α~Δ~Ω ~ Α~Δ~Ω ~ Α~Δ~Ω

June 27, 2012 9:49 a.m.

“WHAT THE HADES!!!” Sarah boomed as we entered our cabin. She looked like she was ready to kill. The others flinched as Sarah walked near them.

“I WILL NEVER, EVER PLAY THAT STUPID GAME WITH THOSE HORID CAMPERS . . .” and it went on like that for at least five minutes until I said “Stop.”

She looked at me in pure anger and advanced toward me. I stood my ground while, in my peripheral vision, I saw Belle back away.

Sarah’s face was so close to mine that just a slight movement of my head will let our noses touch. “What did you say?” she whispered. Her face was getting redder and redder by the second. “You heard me,” was all I replied.

Then all she did is shout at me; how I was a stupid lieutenant, that she should be the one in my post, that staying in Camp was torture, how it was my fault that Jaya died. But I heard none of it. I was fuming. I have enough of Sarah’s complains. I have enough of her stupid comments. I have enough of her stupid make-up, her stupid hair, her stupid eyes, and her stupid face.