Chapter 7: Ghosts of the Past

Α~Δ~Ω ~ Α~Δ~Ω ~ Α~Δ~Ω

July 26, 2012 6:34 a.m.

“WHY HER?!” Sarah yelled. “I’M THE ONE WHO’S BEEN A HUNTER THE LONGEST!!!”

“Correction,” I said. “Julianne is the longest. She beats you buy one month and twenty-three days.”

“I can handle this,” Julianne said. “I guarantee there will be no trouble when you get back.”

“Good.” I slung the duffel bag behind my back. Venice gave me the carrier yesterday. In it were clothes that mortals wear (since we will blend in with them), toiletries, a bottle with nectar, a tupperware with ambrosia, a pair of shoes, a pouch filled with drachmas, and the book Drei gave to me. “You can do whatever you want to those who won’t listen to you.”

“Like what?”

“I don’t know. Maybe lock her in a room filled with rats and cockroaches,” I replied. Some of them sniggered while the others looked at Sarah who was fuming.

Julianne smirked. “That will be no problem.”

There was a knock on the door. It opened and Kimberley’s face peeked out. “Are you ready? Truck’s okay.”

“We’ll be there in a minute,” Belle said. Kimberley nodded and went. Belle swung the bag behind her. She turned towards me. “Let’s go.”

We went out of the cabin, leaving behind our Hunter clothes, and Sarah’s tantrums.

The quest starts today. We will be taking the Camp’s pick-up truck, which will be driven by Stupid Knight in Shining Armor. (His name is Dan, son of Ares. In addition, I still think he’s a stupid boy like all the stupid boys in this planet.) There are seven campers, namely Venice, Kimberley, Max, Dan, James, Rogelio, and Drei. The prophecy said that nine half bloods would be in the quest. Add Belle and I and it will make nine, making the prophecy right. Dan will be sitting at the driver’s seat (obviously) next to him is Max. At the back seats are James, Rogelio and Drei. On the bed panel will be Venice, Kimberley, Belle and me. Belle and I would like to be as far away from the boys as possible. So it would be like this:

Dan                   Max

Rogelio James Drei

---------------------------

Venice     Kimberley

Belle                   Me

While we’re on the road, I will be reading Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone. We would make stops from time to time to eat or stay in a motel to rest (If you’re thinking other things when you read the word ‘motel’, then shame on you!). Belle and I were wearing mortal clothes, which are not that bad. It was the first time I wore jeans. I asked for ones that are not too tight so I can move freely whenever we are in combat. Belle asked the same too. I was wearing a blue-checkered shirt, black jeans, and my combat boots. My hair is tied back in a bun with a black bandana. The strands that weren’t long enough just fell beside my head so I would look like I have side bangs. My bow that is now a silver hairpin clipped the bangs back so it won’t block my face. The polos that signifies my being lieutenant is now a silver circlet around my head. My hunting knives were placed in my boots.

Belle similarly wore what I wore. Grey checkered shirt, blue jeans, and combat boots. Her hair tied in a braid. She wore her shield/bracelet on her right arm. Her bow was slung at her back.