Chapter 6: The Quest

To Rica Ella Reario, the daughter of Poseidon. I am a proud member of your 'cult'.

Α~Δ~Ω ~ Α~Δ~Ω ~ Α~Δ~Ω

July 25, 2012 1:15 p.m.

A month has passed since the Capture the Flag game. The explosion was not the Campers’ fault, much to Sarah’s annoyance.

The crate of explosions had markings that read: “JDW471871”. No one in the camp has those initials and no one can decode the numbers.

Those who were injured are okay now but the explosion was so traumatizing that they have nightmares about it, including me. Before I was a Hunter, I almost died in an explosion. But that’s another story.

The Hunters are at each other’s throats with the Campers. They still think the Campers were lying and were the ones who set up the explosion. During mealtimes, they always sit at the table farthest away from them. They avoid doing activities with the Campers. They cast mean looks to them whenever they pass by. The only Hunters who are cool with the Campers are Belle and I. The two of us keep our distance from the other Hunters. We always hang out with the Campers and they don’t mind. They actually like it. At least some of us are okay with them.

That night, I was claimed by Zeus, god of the sky. So I was a demigod after all. I guess it’s the reason why I’m the only one in my family who has blue eyes.

The following day after the game, Sarah won’t go near me but I can tell she is insulting me behind my back. I just ignored it. After all, I can just electrocute her when she gets on my nerves.

Today, Drei was showing me Cabin 1- Zeus. I followed him through the commons area towards the big blue cabin with a shape of a lightning bolt above the door. The windows and double doors were painted gold with the Greek letters Α (Alpha) and Ω (Omega) etched on it.

Drei pushed the doors apart and went inside, motioning me to follow him. The room smelled like ozone. On the far side was a bunk bed. The bottom bunk was clean and the bed was made but the top one was filled with clothes, books, a basketball, a shield, and a sword. On the opposite side was a bulletin board filled with pins and pictures. At the very back of the cabin was a ten feet tall statue of Zeus. But what caught my attention was the ceiling. It was designed to look like the sky outside.

“Cool, huh?” Drei said. “Just like in Harry Potter.

Harry Potter?” I asked. “What’s that?”

He looked at me, stunned. “What do you mean ‘what’s that’?! Harry Potter is the phenomenon that changed our generation! Not a kid in the world will ever forget his name! And you’re saying that you don’t know?!

“Hey!” I exclaimed. “I’m a Hunter! I don’t know anything about this generation! I always move to different places from time to time. I never get to have a permanent home! And now you’re saying that you expect me to know about this?!”

He held his hands up. “Okay, okay! I’m sorry! I just thought you know Harry Potter since you have read Clockwork Angel.

I blinked. “How did you know that?”

He shrugged his shoulders. “I can see you opening the book from time to time.”

“Well, it’s the only book I have read,” I answered. “I knew it has a sequel but I don’t have time to read, much less have the book.”

He walked towards the bunk and pulled out a set of books from the top one. He took out a purple book and gave it to me. It read Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone.