Chapter one

Picture above is Hailey in her mermaid form.
______________________
"Hailey, Emma, we have some news!" my mom yells from downstairs.
"Coming".
Background:
I'm a mermaid. Yep weird huh? and people say they don't exist. Every mermaid has powers. Either one or two. Right now, I can change form of water, and move anything. My sister,Emma, can boil water. My dad can also change form of water and he can freeze water, My mom can read minds and make people do stuff. And every mermaid can turn invisible. Cool, huh?
Back to present
My mom looked nervous.
"What's up?" I said.
"Well..uh.." my mom looks sad.
I point my finger towards a apple and bring it towards me. Then I take a bite.
"We're moving to Florida".
I chooke on my apple.
"What?!"
Emma doesn't seem to mind.
"Okay I'll go get packing" she says.
Mom smiles.
"I'm sorry sweetie".
"It's fine" I lie.
I quickly realize that's a bad idea.
Mom reads mines.
I see mom giving me the mom stare.
"Fine okay? it's not okay! I have to leave everything behind and....NEVERMIND you won't get it".
I huff and storm away to pack.

Halfway through packing I decide to go for a stress swim. It's late so I turn invisable. I quietly step out my room and down the stairs. I then quietly walk out the door.
I run to the beach a couple minutes away. Staying invisable the whole time.
I finally reach the beach and look around. I see nobody to I turn visible again. I feel the warm, humid air and run into the water.
I look around to see purple bubbles form around my legs. Soon my legs are replaced with a purple tail and my back grows scales on it. my lungs gets replaced with a waterproof ones.
When I'm all 'mermaid-fied',I duck under water and swim away.
I go deep into the coral reef. I find all sorts of fish. I look around and find my friend, Shelly. (She's a dolphin).
I swim up to her. I stop for her to identify me. She recently had 2 pups. She gives me a smile and I swim up to her pups. They both are swimming and swirling until they see me and happily swim up to me. I stroke their backs and playfully nudge them. Ark ark, I hear. I turn to see Shelly. Ark ark, ark ark?  she asks.
She asks me if I could watch the pups while she goes to find fish.
ark ark!
I respond saying "Of course!"
She happily swims away, sniffing out fish. I look at some fish while keeping a eye on the pups.
One of the pups, Bubbles, nudges me.
I turn around and see a shark in the distance.
Oh no..
I quickly try to guide Bubbles and Corals to shelter. I panic. The shark will just keep coming. I'm getting ready to cry when I get and idea.
Sharks are scared of dolphins...
I quickly make a loud dolphin screech. I see the shark stop, look around and scurry the other direction.
Phew!
When Shelly gets back, I tell her the bad news about me leaving tomorrow. But she's not sad at all. She tells me they're heading South anyways. So she can see me! I was so excited. I then said goodbye to Bubble,Coral and Shelly.
I gracefully swim away.