Prologue

The Full moon is out and shines over the water along the shoreline of Kohala Coast. He runs across the rocky and sandy terrain. His heart beating so hard that his chest burns just to breath but he can't stop running. The drums behind him pounding loud echoing in the night. Hundreds of torches in the distance behind him but he dare not turn around to see how far. The Footsteps thundering from thier bearers catching up to him. He runs for his life.. He sees keawe trees and naupaka bushes. He launches himself into them to try and conceal himself. Laying on the ground face down he hears the drums getting louder. The thundering beat vibrating his chest, he covers his ears and buries his face in the sand.

He hears the drums and footsteps pass him by and waits there his heart still thumping in his chest. His breathing shallow and labored. He reaches and touches his side and feels the warm wet feeling on his hand. The full moon shines through the branches of the keawe giving off enough light to see his blood glistening on his hand. Sharp pains run all over his body as thorns from the keawe tree puncture up and down the front side of his body. But he can't move while he hears the drums.

He waits for a while and listens as the drums start to fade away. When they are out of earshot he struggles to his feet and makes his way painfully out of the keawe. He starts pulling thorn strewn twigs out of his shirt arms and pants. When the last one is removed he limps towards the water. He looks up at the night sky and starts to cry. He wants to be home with his wife and son. Why did he enter that place he knew the legend. Why did he have to let his own curiosity get the best of him.

Suddenly he feels a stick across his throat and hands grab his arms. He starts to fight kicking and pushing trying to topple his assailants. More hands grab his legs and start to carry him. Drums start beating at a slower pace as his captures start moving.He is carried along the shore through trees and open areas alike. Weak and weary from starvation and dehydration he no longer struggle he just lets them carry him. He looks up and sees the silhouette on the hill top. Torches line a path walking into the stone wall and reappearing high atop the top most terrace.

With one last burst of strength he frees himself and starts to run down the stone staircase. He can't go in there he knows what they do. He trips and falls to the ground. He looks up and sees men surround him and grab him once again. He is stood straight up. He looks at the stone structure as a man swings a club towards him and all goes black.

Please stay tuned more updates to come. Please vote or comment and let me know what you think so far. Thank you