13 years later

Hawaiian airlines flight 1225 lands and shuttles around the airport until it comes to a stop outside gate B2. The passengers stand up and start gathering their carry-on luggage. The doors open and they start to shuffle out. George steps out of the door and onto a rollaway staircase. The sun blinding him so he puts his Oakley sunglasses on and looks out across the landing area. He makes his way down the rollaway stairs and across the pavement to the wooden gates into Keahole International Airport.

When he enters the waiting area he sees families waiting for thier flights. A pair of kids about 9 years old run around the waiting area. Its been far too long since he was ever able to do that. Now 22 he has too many things to take care of. A third kid sits on the chairs with his nose in a book while the other 2 continue flying past him laughing and playing. George follows the rest of the passengers of flight 1225 out a second gate into the baggage claim area.

The crowd gatthers around the conveyors looking intently for thier baggage. George takes a deep breath of the Kona air. The fragrant smell of the plumeria tree blossoming near the conveyors reminds him of the days of high school and May Day celebrations. The memory of his graduation floods his mind. Him standing there his neck and head laden with lei after lei until he could barely see over the top. His final goodbye to Honoka'a school before he left for Missouri. The last time he was able to hold her in his arms before he left the rock.

George sees his bag coming around the conveyor and steps forward to retrieve it. He picks up the Green bag by one handle and looks at the luggage tag to ensure that it is his. Satisfied that his bag didn't get lost George makes his way to the bathroom. He walks into the bathroom and enters the last stall against the wall. The largest stall so to make it easier to change into something a little more inconspicuous.

He latches the stall door and opens his bag up taking out a pair of Quicksilver surf shorts and a red quicksilver tshirt that he had to order online and a pair of slippers. Sitting down on the toilet he unlaces his beige boots and takes them off. After removing his green socks he rolls them up and places them inside his boots. Then he proceeds to undress and replace his current garb with the clothes that he removed from his baggage. When he is dressed again he rolls up his uniform and stuffs it into his duffel bag and then places the boots in before tying it shut.

He walks out of the stall and looks at himself in the mirror. He grabs his dog tags and puts them under his shirt and lets the shark pendant that still hangs around his neck dangle over the top of his shirt for all to see. He washes his face really quickly and makes his way out of the bathroom to the curbside to wait for her.

George looks down the road hoping that any one of the vehicles that approach is the one that is going to pick him up. He doesn't want to be at the airport much longer. Down the way he sees people hugging and kissing saying thier goodbyes some with kleenex in thier hands to wipe away tears. While others are greeting thier family and friends with smiles and hugs.

A red minivan pulls up along side him and George smiles as he sees the woman in the drivers seat. She gets out and runs around the front of the van and throws her arms around him. "I missed you George."

"Thanks sis I missed you too. Its been too long. Where is everyone?"

"Well Scott is working right now he has some big function that they are catering down at the hotel. Mom is watching the kids waiting for me to bring you by. And Don is helping watch the kids." Elizabeth says. Her Ehu hair blowing in her face as she releases her hold of him.

"Well lets get out of here then." George says throwing his duffel bag in the back seat of the van. "I've seen enough of airports for the next two weeks."

"Okay well we're off then." Elizabeth responds making her way back to the drivers seat.

They leave the airport and head down the highway heading towards Kawaihae. They pass Waikoloa village then pass the Mauna Lani Resort. When they pass Hapuna beach and come to the turn off to head up the mountain to waimea Elizabeth turns down towards Kawaihae instead. "I thought we were going to the house?" George asks confused.