Reunited

"Pretty penguin you gonna give me a hug or you want the monkey to go first?"

"Shut up ya jerk." Jess says with a smile and throws her arms around his neck. "I MIssed you ya crazy mongoose." George grabs ahold of her and hugs her tight. Her body feels so good pressed up against his. She smells like heaven. He closes his eyes and enjoys the moment. The embrace lasts a few seconds but he has missed her most of all. Jessica pulls back and George fights the urge to grab her again.

"Well I'm gonna leave you two to catch up." Brad turns and walks down to the water where Tiana is waiting and drawing the attention of a small group of young boys and men alike.

"Let's go for a walk I'm not big on the crowd thing" George says looking deep into Jessica's eyes.

"Okay where we walking to?"

"Does it matter right now? I'm just happy to be away from San Antonio. And the view doesn't hurt either."

"I know right she looks pretty hot." Jessica says pointing to an older lady walking around with a bright blue pink and green floral one piece.

"Yeah that's who I was talking about." George chuckles "you know me so well." They start walking down the beach towards sharks bay. "So tell me what's new with you. I probably missed way to much being on the mainland."

"The last time we talked you were getting ready for deployment." Jessica states. "Well John and I split up over a year ago. It got really bad. He started drinking more and just started getting angry for no reason. I wasn't allowed to talk to anyone not even Brad or Eli not even your mom. The final straw was when he almost broke my arm in a drunken rage one night. He came home stinking of beer and started accusing me of screwing one of my workers. When I stood up to defend myself he backhanded me sending me flying into my bookshelf. Then he grabbed me by the arm and pulled me so hard into the room and................ He did things to me." Her voice trails off and her eyes lower to look at the ground.

"Hey I'm here now okay nobody will hurt you."

"I know but you are only here for a little while then what happens?"

"Come to Texas with me. You don't have to stay in Hawai'i. I have a house you can crash there until you can get on your feet."

"I haven't known anything but this island. It's my home."

"It's mine too but not because I grew up here it's because my heart is still here."

"Oh Destiany? She is such a lucky girl."

"Wait.... What? No not her. Just never mind." He looks away from her.

George looks up and realizes that they walked almost halfway to sharks bay. He looks around and sees the heiau. "Let's go this way" They turn to walk up the hill towards Pu'ukohola Heiau.

"Is there a reason why you want to go towards the Heiau?"

"I honestly don't know I'm just walking." George says shrugging his shoulders. "do you ever think about that day?"

"I try not to but something always draws me to it. I haven't been here in ages and somehow I feel like I have never left."

They walk up the path to the heiau and pause at the bottom of the stone staircase. George looks up at the stone structure in amazement after 13 years it still looks the same. Large and daunting. "Brad said that today is the closest he has ever gotten to the Heiau in many years as well." He grabs her by the arm and starts walking with her up the stone staircase. A strange force seems to be pushing at his back making him move closer to the heiau's entrance as they get higher on the staircase.  

"Hey George we should go back to the party." Jessica says softly. 

"Huh?" George shakes his head. "oh yeah the party... I forgot about that for a second. Let's head back maybe swim a little." 

"Yes let's get you into the ocean for a little while how long had it been since you swam?" 

"In the ocean? Far too long." 

Jessica leads the way back down to the path leading back to Spencer beach. 

When they get back they join Brad and Tiana in the water. The water feels cool and soothing on George's skin. He takes a dive into the water letting the water cover him. He feels free as he glides underwater. He stays under water as long as he can swimming across the sandy bottom. When he finally comes up he takes a deep breath and wipes the salt water from his face. He swims back to Brad, Tiana, and Jessica who are swimming around splashing each other. Brad submerges and comes up lifting Tiana on his shoulders. Tiana smiles and locks her legs behind his back. She throws up her fists and coaxes Jessica and George into a game of chicken. George submerges and reemerges lifting Jess out of the water. Brad and Tiana lunge forward and Jessica grabs Tiana's hands. They lock hands and start to push and pull each other. George struggles moving back and forth trying to keep his balance holding onto Jessica. The sand shifts beneath his feet and he slips as Tiana pulls Jessica forward. He gains his balance back and steadies himself. Jessica pulls Tiana back and then to the side. They watch as the blonde bombshell plummets into the water like a rock. Brad and Tiana come up out of the water and the foursome starts laughing. 

Please stay tuned more updates to come. Please vote or comment and let me know what you think so far. Thank you