18: Stars and Kisses

November 9, Wednesday, 8:15 am, Erza's car

Lucy's POV
Yesterday, Erza told me that she would give me a ride to and from school.

Anyways, so now I'm in Erza's car, and we're on our way to school.
Why are we going to school so early?
Student council stuff.
And by stuff, I mean paperwork.

"What's the matter Lucy? You seem down?" Erza asks as she parks the car in the school parking lot.

"Oh it's nothing, I just... Have a lot on my mind." I say softly as I exit out of Erza's car.

"Natsu again?" She asks as she walks alongside me.

I nodded and smiled softly.
"I'm just... confused." I tell her.

She nods and smiles too.
"Seeing you smile really is a nice thing to see." Erza says as she pats my shoulder.

"Why is that, anyways?" I ask her. She's been saying that it's good to see me so happy, or its good to see me smiling. What's that supposed to mean anyways?

"Well, Natsu used to be such a gentleman. That's why I had a small crush on him in middle school. But then I realized that it's like this with every girl, he makes them feel special. So I lost interest. I only knew him for a short time at the moment, but I saw that he went from smart to stupid. From gentleman to heart breaker.
He's been like this for 5 years, and he's turning back to his old self, because of your smile." Erza explains as we grabbed our stuff from our lockers.

"I'm... Changing him?" I asked. Did I change him?

"Notice how he hasn't flirted with anyone? How he's always treating you like treasure?" Erza smiles.

I was speechless. He... Really does that? How could I have been so blind as to not notice?

"That's our old Natsu. Thanks Lucy, you're slowly bringing my best friend back." Erza says as we headed towards the student council room.

"So... Who are you interested in now?" I asked softly.

Erza looked shocked as her face turned pink.

I didn't have to ask, it's obvious that she has her eyes on Jellal.

As we get to the east wing of the academy where the student council room is supposed to be located, I bumped into someone with pink hair.

My immediate reaction was "Natsu, you idiot! What are you doing here so early?!"

"Natsu? You must be talking about my cousin." The girl says.

"Your cousin?" Erza asks.

"Well, yes! My name is Meredy, Meredy Milkovich!" She smiles.

"But shouldn't you have the last name 'Dragneel'?" I asked softly.

"My dad left my mom before I was born, so when I was born, my mom gave me her last name, 'Milkovich'. So now I just live with my mom and my older sister." Meredy says.

"What was your mom's name?" Erza asks.

"Her name is Ur." Meredy smiles.

"And your sister's?" I asked politely.

"Ultear!" Meredy answers cheerfully.

Meredy told us that Ultear was just 4 years older than us. So she's the same age as Sting, huh.
She also said that her mom, Ur was the guidance counselor for Gray and a boy named Lyon.

Meredy was a girl with long, wavy, light pink hair and green eyes. She put her hair in a ponytail.
She wore a red dress and a blue jacket over it.
My guess is, she's a new student.