Nineteen

Nineteen

          Harry knew he had to break up with Liam. Despite everything, and Harry meant that word. Everything. Even if Louis was fucked up, Harry still had feelings for him. And in all, Harry was fucked up as well, but he knew he couldn't be with Liam. It wasn't fair to Liam that Harry was with him and he liked Louis. It wasn't fair to Liam that Harry was being a terrible boyfriend. He didn't deserve that. That's why Harry was breaking up with him.

Harry was let in into Liam's house by his parents, holding a box that had Liam's stuff he had let Harry have or borrow.

"He's out cleaning the pool." Liam's mother said, not taking a second glance at the box Harry had in his hands.

"Thanks." Harry muttered, walking into the living room and out the sliding doors. He didn't know why Liam was cleaning the pool at night but didn't question it. Liam was cleaning the leaves and bugs from the pool with a pool cleaner net. Harry wasn't sure what those things are called but regardless he went up to Liam.

"Liam." Harry called out. Liam looked up quickly.

"Harry? What have you got there..." Liam trailed off as Harry walked up to Liam and put the box down on one of the tables.

When Harry looked back at Liam he saw how hurt he looked, especially since Harry has been ignoring him. But all was about to change.

"Liam, you're a great guy. Really, you are amazing, but, I can't keep doing this anymore." Harry just blurted out.

Liam furrowed his eyebrows, "What?"

Harry sighed, crossing his arms, "I can't be with you."

"Is it because we fought? Babe we can fix this-"

"No." Harry interrupted. "As corny as it sounds it isn't you it's me. I just can't keep this between us anymore. I am not the same person as I once was and you deserve better than that."

Liam rolled his eyes, "Harry-"

"Look Liam, I still do really like you but-"

"Then why are you doing this?" Liam demanded as Harry went through the box.

"I'm just going through a lot of shit right now and it isn't fair to you." Harry said and took out a few cds, "I couldn't find the Caribbean mix so I'll have to give it to you later."

"Yea "later", I've heard that one before." Liam scoffed.

Annoyed, Harry looked back at Liam, "It was never my intention to blow you off. Things in my life just became complicated."

"Yea like when you started bullshitting me Harry!" Liam said, raising his voice.

"Oh so that's what you think?" Harry spat.

"That's exactly what I think. You let that stupid kid fool around with your head!"

Harry shook his head, "You have no idea what you're talking about. Don't assume anything because you don't know anything." He walked around Liam but Liam grabbed him by the arm.

"Let me go." Harry snapped.

"What the hell were you thinking Harry? Why were you friends with him in the first place? He's ruining your life and you let that peace of shit-"

"STOP IT!" Harry yelled and before anyone knew it, Harry had pushed Liam into the pool. Liam fell in with a splash and resurfaced with a disbelief look on his face.

Harry walked away but before he left, he turned back around and said, "You know I only wish good things for you, because really BAD shit happens to people. I hope to God that it doesn't happen to you." He said, emotional, he finally left.