And So Romeo Forgot His Lines {18}

I walked into PacMan’s house after school where everyone else was. I tossed the key at him and sat down. “How was your day Seamus?” he asked in a gay voice. I rolled my eyes. He had Da House Party blasting out of speakers.

PacMan was more scene than emo but he was the only scene kid in our school so he managed to fit into our emo group. I didn’t mind PacMan. He was a good enough guy. Kind of naïve but pretty loyal and amusing.

“Hello Seamus,” his step dad said as he came out. I nodded at him and sat down. “Do you boys want some chips?” his mom asked. “Yes please,” Jer said politely and she set them down. Like Jer, PacMan’s mom was only 30. His step dad was 32.

We ate some chips in silence. “So…” Jay said awkwardly. We laughed at him. “So you and Addie?” Richie said, waggling his eyebrows. I rolled my eyes. “She’s not much of a sex girl,” I said with a shrug. “So why date her?” Clifton asked. “Because girls aren’t all about sex,” PacMan said with a frown. “They’re people. You can have a real relationship!” We all stared at him.

He frowned deeper. “What? It’s true.” “What are you smoking and where can I get some?” I asked. He sipped his Monster. “Actually I was snorting sugar earlier.” We laughed and I turned back to Clifton. “She’s a good one for making out once you get her going,” I said with a wink.

He nodded. “Nice.” “Dude, remember that one chick from the party last year? Hot damn!” Jer said grinning. I laughed. “You won that one Jer,” I said. “What was her name anyways?” Richie asked. Jer looked thoughtful. “I don’t know,” he said shrugging.

“That’s what I’m talking about!” PacMan said defensively. “You guys can’t treat girls that way! It’s wrong.” I rolled my eyes. “Look PacMan. Just call me Romeo okay? I know girls.” He sighed.

“Hey Romeo, get your ass off my cell phone,” his step dad said jokingly. I chucked the phone at him and he thanked me before leaving the room again.

We stayed at PacMan’s for awhile before I went home. “How was PacMan’s?” Lizzy asked as I walked in. I shrugged. “Fine.” “How’s your ankle?” “Fine.”

She gave me a disbelieving look as she grabbed her purse. “Look, I’m leaving for the store. I’ll be back in an hour or so.” I shrugged and went upstairs. I listened to the door close as my phone vibrated.

I grinned as I read the message and texted back yes. A few minutes later, the doorbell rang and I went downstairs to let her in. I kissed her lips and led her up to my room.

“Nice room Shame,” she said. “Like you’ve never seen it?” I asked, raising an eyebrow. “Let’s just hurry this shit up. Lizzy will be back in an hour.” She smirked mischievously and ran her fingers up my chest. “Do I ever disappoint you Seamus Fitzpatrick?”

I gave her my cocky smirk. “I believe I have never disappointed you either Gabby.” She laughed. “I don’t think you have.” She pressed her lips to mine and backed me against the wall.

She sank to her knees and a grin took hold of my face.

***

My doorbell rang and we sat upright in bed, breathing heavily. Gabby glared. “Who’s here?” she demanded. I shrugged but then my heart slammed. “Maybe Adalyn. Shit! She can’t see me with you!” I jumped out of bed and pulled my clothes on.

“Shame, you have lovely sex hair honey,” she said laughing. I glared as I quickly ripped a brush through my hair. “Get under the bed with your clothes or something!” I said angrily before running down the stairs.

I opened the door. “Alex?” I cried. She glared. “We need to finish up this Bob project,” she said. I glared. “Now is not the best time,” I hissed. “Too bad!” she snapped and pushed me out of the way.

I sighed. “Where’s Bob?” she demanded. “He’s under my b-” My eyes widened. Oh shit. Shit, shit, shit. She turned towards the stairs. “NO!” I cried. She stared at me confused. “I’ll get him!” I said hurriedly and ran up the stairs.

I threw open my bedroom door. Gabby was waiting under my bed impatiently. “Is it your toy or no?” I shook my head. “I wish this girl was my toy,” I said with a sigh. She smacked me in the arm and I chuckled and grabbed the plastic baby.

“We’ll have to do this another time,” I said with a wink. She pouted. “Just lay around my room. I’ll hurry this prep out of my house.”

I hurried down the stairs and tossed the baby to Alex before lighting a cigarette. “Buh bye,” I said, nodding at the door.

She glared. “Who was in your room?” she asked. I stared. “What?” I asked. “I heard you talking to someone.” Aw shit. “I wasn’t talking Alex.” “I heard talking.” “You probably heard my iPod.” “Your iPod sounds like a Scottish fag?” “Yes, actually. It does.”

Alex gave me a suspicious look. “Aw, you’re worried I’m cheating on you?” I asked with a smile. She went right back to glaring. “What if I tell your girlfriend?” Shit, shit, shit! “Why would you even care?” I asked curiously, trying not to sound like I had just fucked another girl.

She looked surprised. “I don’t,” she said nervously. I chuckled. “Sure, sure.” My door opened and Lizzy came in. Oh shit. Adalyn followed. “Hey Shame!” She smiled and kissed me. Alex grinned. “Well now Seamus. We were just about to head to your room, weren’t we?” she asked smugly.

Adalyn smiled at me. “Yea Shame! Let’s go in your room!” she said eagerly. She held out her hand to Alex who stared at it. She pulled it away awkwardly. “I’m Adalyn.” “Alex.” They got up and headed towards my room.

Aw shit.