And So Romeo Forgot His Lines {22}

***Alex’s POV***

As soon as the words left my mouth, I snapped it shut. Seamus stared in utter shock. “W-What?” he asked. Oh god. When he had said he loved me, he had been drunk and high. I was completely sober. I set his Mike’s Hard down and just stared at him.

“I…uh…”

I ran inside.

Seamus was standing outside still. He was just staring at the spot I had been standing in. He had an unreadable expression on his face. His beautiful brilliant eyes were carefully guarded.

I went up to my room and peeked out my window. He was walking away slowly down the street. I sank onto my bed miserably. He was never going to let this go. Why had I said that? Why had I said I loved Seamus Fitzpatrick?

I hated him!

…Right?

Ugh. Thinking outside of school was so not my thing. Ohmigosh! What if Seamus told people I said that? I think I would die of embarrassment! Stupid, stupid Alex!

Mother and daddy came home soon and mother said she’d take me to the mall. Good. Maybe new clothes could help me clear my head. We drove there and I instantly walked towards Hollister.

I was walking by Hot Topic. I peeked in and saw Seamus pointing to a shirt and talking to a customer. That reminded me! He had to delete those pictures!

I walked into the store as he started to check some girl out. “Seamus, you never deleted those pictures,” I growled. “I’m working right now Barbie,” he growled. He turned back to the girl. “Bracelets are buy one get one half off if you’d like to buy another one.” She nodded and grabbed another bracelet.

She handed it to him and he checked the price. “Seamus, you promised! Or I’ll tell that girl,” I threatened. “I don’t care Alex! Tell everyone! Hell, I’ll tell everyone,” he snapped. “Now get out of here. I’m working.”

Someone was in a bad mood. “Seamus you said you’d delete the pictures,” I growled. He was checking the price on a shirt. He slammed it down and glared at me. “Get your preppy ass out of here!” he said angrily. “I don’t want to see your lying, backstabbing face ever again!”

He went back to the shirt. The girl was standing awkwardly. He put the shirt in a bag and picked up her CD. “Good band,” he commented as he checked the price. “Their lead singer has lung cancer.” The girl’s awkward look turned to shock. “Really?” He nodded.

“Yea. It’s sad because he truly is a talented singer.” She nodded. “Seamus,” I started. “Are you still here? Because I know you’re not going to buy anything. Now get out before I call security.” I fixed him with a hard glare.

“Look Seamus, I didn’t mean what I said earlier!” I said at last. He glared. “I know you didn’t. You just like fucking with me when I already feel like shooting my brains out.” He shoved the girl’s stuff in a Hot Topic bag and grabbed her receipt.

He offered her a smile. “Sorry about that. Have a good day!” “You too,” she said and left the store. He turned to me. “Leave,” he growled. I crossed my arms. “No. What if I get you fired?” I asked, raising an eyebrow.

“Go ahead! Get me fired! I don’t care anymore!” he exploded. “Hey, hey, hey! Seamus, what’s going on here?” a guy who looked mid twenties came over with a nametag that announced him as David.

“I quit!” Seamus said angrily. “I fucking quit!” he took his nametag off and flung it on the floor. David looked shocked. “Why Shame?” he asked at last. “Because I’m pissed!” David sighed. “Seamus, why don’t you go home and think alright? I’ll cover your shift and call you tomorrow and we can talk this out alright?”

Seamus angrily stormed out.

I followed.

Seamus took off running and I didn’t follow him. I went to Hollister and sighed. I wasn’t in the mood anymore. I went to find mother. “There wasn’t anything I wanted,” I said. She brought me home and I decided to go check on Seamus.

I walked all the way to his house and knocked on the door. His sister answered. “Oh, hello Alex! I’m sorry but right now isn’t the best time,” she said nervously.

“Why?” I questioned. I could see around her. Seamus was sitting in the living room on the couch with an emotionless face. His mom was sitting next to him with tears in her eyes. Lizzy sighed.

“We found him writing a suicide note with a gun next to him.”