And So Romeo Forgot His Lines {Original Ending 2/2}

***Seamus’s Funeral***

I stood, desperately holding onto my daddy and mother as I sobbed. Lizzy clutched Josh as she sobbed. Poor girl. Her parents and brother were dead.

Seamus’s family had come over from Scotland for his funeral. They cried silently for him. Clifton, Light, and Dr. Holst were there too. Dr. Holst had a gentle arm around Clifton’s shoulders.

Clifton’s face was emotionless. Jer and his parents were there. He had silent tears running down his face. Even his parents were crying. Jay and his brother and parents stood together. Jay was fighting back tears desperately as he watched.

Richie’s parents and Rachel were there. Rachel wasn’t crying. She was just staring with a blank look on her face. Mr. and Mrs. Collins were crying though. It must be too hard on them.

Addie sobbed, being held by her dad. She never did find out he was cheating on her. He had never broken up with her. The two other guys from Hot Topic were there. Both held tears in there eyes but neither let them slide down their faces.

I violently sobbed as Seamus was placed six feet away from me.

He was doomed to this fate the moment human kind set foot on earth. Seamus Anthony Fitzpatrick had had a rough life. It was easy to tell he was going to die young and desperate. It was easy to tell he was going to die by his own hands.

But admitting it was not easy.

He was gone now. Gone by his own hands. Slit his wrists in a final act of rebellion. A final act of desperation. The school had held a ceremony. No one had snickered. Everyone had seen it coming. No one had believed it was true.

People had sat silently, bowing their heads in respect as the principal spoke. Some probably thought of ways in which it was their faults. They had said nasty things to Seamus. Beaten him. Messed with him.

And they could never apologize.

And neither could I.

This guilt would forever haunt me. Why had I denied him when it was so clear I loved him deeply? Seamus was the best thing to ever happen to me. And now I was never going to see his beautiful green eyes again. Maybe he was an emo fag. Maybe he was a bastard.

But I still loved him.

I always had and I always would.

“I’ll remember you forever Seamus,” I whispered.