Chapter 4

-Day 4
(Ollie Weaver)

    "Look! I told you, they just appear out of nowhere!" An unfamiliar voice shouts right above me. The bright blue sky is covered by a dark shadow hovering over my body. I try to move, but I can't. I'm not even able to speak.. "Come on Barry, see?"

    "Where am I?" I finally spit out. As soon as the opportunity was given, I started kicking my legs away to get away from the dark entity. "What do you want?" I ask anxiously, bringing myself to my two legs. I run away from everybody I see. Everything is a blur at the moment, but I peep back to see a hand full of people. I run the opposite direction from them, but when I turn around, my face slams into the chiseled body of a tall, blonde haired man.

    I land on my butt and a hard groan exerts my mouth. "Off so soon little guy? Party has just started!" The brute man says with an evil chuckle following his question.

    The patter of sand being shuffled behind me seeps into my ears. "Garret, don't scare the poor kid. He's terrified and confused!" A lady with a funny accent scolds. I turn around to see a lady with light brown skin and swamp green eyes. Her greasy brown hair is balled up into a bun on top of her head. "Come here, baby. We're going to tell you everything we know about all of this, and work from there, okay?" She says to me in a comforting tone.

    I nod my head, confused and on the verge of tears. " Is my mom here?" I ask the lady.

    She held an unsettled look on her face and she locked her hand with mine. " Oh, I don't think so baby, but we're going to get you back to your mama."

    "Promise?" I questioned her, staring into her eyes with my glistening moist eyes.

    She hesitates to answer with her mouth half opened. "Yes. Promise." She doesn't talk for the rest of the walk back to where I woke up. I don't remember there being a giant stack of boxes and bags until now. "So what's your name sweetie?" She kneels down and asks me.

    "Ollie." I say simply. I already don't want to talk at all, so I'm keeping speaking as minimum as possible.

    "Ollie? Well I'm Jackie Adreaux. And this is Garret, the one you bumped into by accident. Over there helping the lady that arrived with you, the man with the brown hair is Barry, and the other lady is La'Shawna. You can say hi to them in a little bit." She introduces to me. "You thirsty or need anything to eat?" She offers me.

    I shake my head. "No thanks."

    "Good." Garret interrupts. "We need to be sparing as much as possible. Who knows how many people we'll get."

    What does he mean by ' how many we'll get'?

    "Sit down with me, Ollie. I'll tell you everything." She escorts me to a crate to sit on. She sits next to me where it's just one-on-one. She explained everything she knew about this beach.

    From how every day, everybody suddenly falls asleep for a minute, and afterwards, two people appear in the same place around noon. She suspects maybe two to four other people were here before us hinted by some bottles being empty and the fact that when her and Garret first arrived, they spotted a campfire that was here before. They possibly could be the people bringing us here, or maybe they were victims of the same thing we are going through.

    "Hey, don't forget about what we saw at nigh-" Garret began but was quickly cut off.

    "SSSHHH! Garret!" Jackie tempestuously hushes him.

    "What did you see at night?" I ask concerned.

    "It's nothing sweetie." Jackie says, patting my clean hair.