Chapter 11

-Day 9
(Jaydon Morrison)

    In an instant of the newcomers arriving, they both give a quick look at each other, pure anxiety ridden in their eyes for a split second. The male, who is relatively older than the girl, shoots her a quick nod, as she does back. They jump to their feet, and snatch a nearby duffel bag in unison, only to sprint into the woods without saying a word.

"Hey!" I bark, slightly more aggressive than I meant it to sound. "What are you doing?" I curl my upper li and crinkle my eyebrows out of bewilderment. Without second thought, I run after the two, probably startling them even more. Into the woods I go for the first time, only to be greeted by a thick root to stumble over and drop to the thankfully soft dirt. Hoisting myself back to my feet, forgetting about the trip, I continue to pursue the defensively confused newcomers, who obviously seem to know each other.

From tree to tree they cross, and every turn they make in these woods, said they knew this place by heart, I'm slacking behind, getting scratched by sharp thorns and scraping my exposed shoulders against the harshly gruff bark. I was too distracted until now to realize that La'Shawna was right behind me, following them as well. Our poor attempt treading through the forest is doing us no good at all, for they are gradually, but progressively losing us. It becomes more and more difficult to detect their location the more we burrow ourselves in the dense thicket. Every bush they hop over and tree they dodge, I trip over and run into. I was doing nothing but making myself look like a joke. "Hey!" I call for their attention again, gasping for air, "Just let us explain!" My panting turns into wheezes, but I don't stop to break for air. "You head back." I manage to say.

"You sure? You look like you need a break." She asks.

"I don't need air, ya fucking wet sock!" I quickly respond.

She laughs, her voice becoming more distant. "I'ma fucking drag you when you crawl your ass back!"

***
I'm not sure how long I've been chasing them but it feels like I'm wasting my time chasing these parkour experts. It was until in the instant that I thought I finally lost them, giving me a reason to stop, I greedily gobble down a mouth full of leather, rubber and mud. Next thing I know I'm on the ground, gazing upon the sight of a young girl with pearl skin and bangs so black, they shine, even in the dense forest, hanging on a branch right above me.

    "Damn, you gotta hell of a kick." I feel the need to compliment. That was only followed by a gut wrenching kick to the stomach.

    "Quiet! And stay down!" She says in perfect English, but with a choppy accent. She then turns away for a second to shout something in another language.

    A shout responds to her call. I'm too confused and unsure of this girls abilities to try anything. She strikes an aggressive glare at me. The rubble of bushed become louder by the second. Another pearled completed being stands next to her. Much more aged he is, it's actually quite odd to see someone that old in a while. Granite, I know it's only been two days, but I'm so used to diverse people on a daily basis. Here, it's only young people. Not that I'm complaining though.

    The two stand above me, observing me like I'm their specimen. They mumble unintelligible words, and its driving me nuts. "Listen, it's let me ex-"

    "BA!" The old man abruptly cuts me off with an odd noise. "You wait! Then talk when I say!" He commands in an even choppier accent. His English doesn't seem to be as good as the girls.
I patiently wait with all my will, until their conversation ends. " Explain. Now." He lowly says.

    I start off with explaining how every day, that two people appear out of nowhere in the same spot. "Lies!" He shouts and bonks my forehead with a brittle stick. "You tell truth or we leave!"

    "Uncle!" The girl says softly but desperately at the same time. "Please give him a chance to say everything.

    The apparent uncle groans, "I said speak to me in native only! You're pulling sympathy stunt for man." He thinks it over for a second. "Fine. Talk."

    I rephrase my words in a different way to them, to make it seem like I'm not making it up. I tell them a little bit about some of the people on the beach and possible island. I tell them about Ceecee, Ollie, Garret, and the bad ones like Eugene and Adrian. There's really not much more to explain. After I tell them that, I just use filler words in order to hopefully show that I'm just as confused as they are with the whole situation.

    "I honestly don't know what else to say. That's all I can say to my knowledge." I'm being such a bitch right now and I don't even know why I'm sacrificing my dignity for these people. Why the hell do I even care if they leave? More supplies for us. "Well, I really don't know about you two, but I'm going back to camp. There's two people that show up every day if you wanna witness it for yourself. Your choice. But I'm gone."

    "You're not going anywhere for a while." I was shocked to hear that it was the girl that said this instead of the man.

    "Excuse my black mother fucking ass?" My blood was boiling, and out here in the middle of buttfuck nowhere, all normal morals are left in society. I was about to clock this bitch.

    "You should have just told the truth." She says before it was I who got clocked, once again by a girl half my size. I was knocked out cold by her before fleeing deeper into the forest. Which is not a good idea at all. It's a shame that I forgot to mention the creatures that come out at night.
___

Hi! Ik its been like three months im sorry, ive been working on Americas Final Destination. It's really a book worth trying! But back to this, it feels really good to publish another chapter agai, i really enjoy writing this book! And still bare with me, because shits about to start happening relatively soon, and this is only the very beginning of the book. Many more chapters, obstacles, adventures, twists and parts are still to come and i think you'll enjoy it! This chapter was kind of short and uneventful so i will it's likely be making another chapter soon so just wait. Thank you to all the people who read this book, i love it when you do, and i especially love it when you give me feedback in th comments i love to know that i have followers for this book and critics as well! SOOOO be sure to like, comment, and add to your library! Thank you all again and see you nextime! Race!