Chapter 13

-Day 10
(Yasu Takumara)

The current location Uncle Rinji has placed the two of us has made it difficult for my meditation. It's a challenge to focus on one thing, when you hear wild animals reshaping the form of bushes and leaves every second. These aren't just petite patters of lizards and critters. No, these are much bigger. Human sized things. Beings I've never imagined before. These are aggressive, slow, stomps. As if they were stalking us, just out of the circle of firelight. Waiting any second for one of us to step out the circle of protection. The two of us are too cautious to fall for that trap though.

My uncle, on the other hand has had his whole life to block out noises, and exercise his meditation skills. "I am still young, stupid and learning" is what he would say if he heard my thoughts. He probably does though. He can read my mind, just by looking at my face or feeling an odd vibration I give off.

"You may rest, Yasu." My uncle says in serenity, as he just awakens from his peaceful meditation session. "We will seek for a solution tomorrow." He reminds me for the fifth time today. But of course, like he always says, "repetition is key." Which he is right. He's always right. Sixty three years of experience and learning wins me over for an open ear for methods and advice for life.

"Thank you, Uncle." I exchange to him, in our Native language. "I faithfully put my life in your hands as you watch over me."

"As I would to you as well. Rest easy."

As he commands, I do, so I make this rest better than the last one, awaiting what comes tomorrow.
_____

Hi! Yeah, shirt chapter huh? But it was a double whammy today! I felt extra creative today, so I decided to add another chapter today! I'd call this more of just a scene, so rlly, I may do another. So yes, as promised, I'm picking up the pace gradually, so I hope you like it but just think: this is literally still the introduction, about to come into rising action, so there's so much more potential with this book and I'm still excited to share it with you all! OH And after this chapter, I think instead of saying just what day it is, I think I'm gonna clarify if it's night, cuz Ik day kinda throws ppl off, so Ima say day (#) and night (#) and maybe put a time there as well. Cuz chapter 12 and 13 were at night so Ima say day and night from now on. Thank you for tuning in and make sure to like, comment (good or bad, idc I love all comments) and add to your library! Thank you!!