chapter 3

the photo on the side is from FrankieFleur. thanks for the awesome photo. :)

WOW I have posted like two chapters in two days time. I have never done that before. :)

I hope you enjoy this chapter. you will get to meet some new poeple that are going to be in the story for the rest of it.

enjoy

****************************************************************************************************

Chapter 3

Well Sarah was right two weeks later Martha gets a email saying that two ships were heading in to port and a lot of the guys need a place to stay for the two weeks they here for.

They always send us emails on updates and it's nice because then we know when to start getting staff in to help cleaning and get ready for the navy officers. They always send us a list on who may or may not be coming to our hotel. There are three hotels in the area by the port. We all get an email and all get a list then if one hotel needed space for more navy officers then the other two will offer our space to the hotel that is over full.

I love getting the list because most time we get the same officers. So I will tip in the names of the officers and see if they are in the computer and if they aren't then I will make a list on who is new then I will give them our best rooms so that next time they are in town they will want to come to our hotel. Isn't that great marketing or what? I loved Business studies when I was in school I was the head of the class. I always read each name to see if I see anyone I know. I always started in the 'S' area to see if there are any Stones on the list and normally there were. There I found Jakie boy. Jake hated me calling him 'Jakie' but I thought it was funny. I sent off a text to Sarah telling her that Jake is coming home. And she would send back "YAY!!!" Then I laugh.

One more name I have to look for. There he is, it was Jake's best mate Michael Heath. They both started Navy school together and they were put on the same boat together when they first started. Over the years Michael has become part of the family and so has his family. After mum died Michael's mum would come over and help me with anything. Michael is around the same age as Jake and Sarah but I have always liked him as brother and maybe even more at times. But I haven't seen him for about two years so I don't know how he is going to look when they arrive.

I set up the login and then go tell Martha who is new and then we get started in getting staff for cleaning and the kitchen all ready, because those boys eat everything.

Day of arrival, we got an email from the port telling us that the ships are in and the guys are leaving and are headed this way. Some times we get a lot of guys coming through the hotel. Most of them stay for the whole time and some just stay for a night then fly to where ever they are going in the morning.

Our doors man Kevin walks in from outside saying, "I see the fist bus." This is code for all of us that we have about three to five minutes to be done and ready. I run over and grab my coffee and then sat behind the desk hands on the keyboard ready to tip their names. Martha is at her office door waiting. Bag boys stand there to help anyone that needs help. Kitchen staff stands there to take orders and the other staff walk around making them self's busy. Then we here it, voices like a flock of cackling geese coming from outside. The doors open and here they come. My hand start tipping the minute I see them. Some of them I know because they always come here when in town. So I tip them in and hand them theirs keys. I get a lot of smiles and hellos some know my name so they would say, "Hello Cass." and if I remember them then I would say, "Hello ....." (The dots are where I would say their name.) By the way if you haven't figured out yet most Navy officers go by their last name.