Chapter 12 The first wedding

The night before the wedding I was running around like a crazy person . The cleaners were every where, I couldn't find my bridesmaid dress and Sarah had to go into work tonight for some reason. I wanted her to help me stay cool through out this whole thing.
As I was coming down the stars I missed the last step and fell flat on my face . Now I am sitting in the dining area with ice on my head and feeling almost sick .
Martha who seemed prefix and so calm as she came over with a bag in her hand , " Cass you need to eat . And you need to slow down . Now you have orders to take this take away upstairs , eat it and then go to bed. Your father has found your dress and it is hanging in your closet . No buts about it ." I looked at her and really wondered why she was so calm. I took the food and head upstairs.

I came up the stairs with the ice on my head when I saw Dad walking out of my room. He smiled, "Oh Baby what happened?" I tired to laugh it off, "I fell down the stairs."

"Aww baby I am sorry. I see the doctor gave you orders for food and a early night in?"

I nodded and he kissed my head. "Goodnight baby. Guess what?"

I looked up at my dad and smiled, "What Dad?"

"I am going to get married tomorrow." He was beaming with happiness and delight and I was just so happy for him.

"Dad I can't wait for tomorrow to happen for you both. I love you." Dad kissed me and said, "I love you two baby. Night."

I walked into my room and saw my beautiful dress hanging by the mirror. I smiled and sat on the bed. When I saw flowers next to the dress. I was surprised but very happy. I jumped up and walked over to the flowers. I saw there was a card and opened it.

"My dear baby girl,

Thank you for doing so much for me and Martha through out this time of planning. I am so happy that you were ok with everything. Thank you so much for the helpful hand you have been. Martha and I couldn't ask for a better wedding planner. I hope you don't stess to much and enjoy the day as much as we are going to. Love you baby. :)

Love,

Your old man

P.S. Your Mum would be proud of you."

I started to cry when I read the last part of the message. I felt bad. Because through out this busy time I had forgotten about mum. I do still love you Mum. Sorry that I have put you to the side.

As I ate my take away and read a book a bit. There was a ring on the phone, "Hello?"

"What is cooking good looking?"

I was wide eyed and surprised, "What? Who is this? You must of the wrong number."

"Sis come on. Really you never get a joke."

"WHAT IN THE WORLD! YOUR HOME!" I was yelling and jumping up and down.

"Be quiet Cass! We don't want everyone to know yet."

"I am sorry. This has made my night. Where are you guys?"

"Well we are at port. Do you think we could come over to the hotel or just stay at port? We want to surprise Martha and Dad."

"Stay at port. Dad will find you out if you come here."

"Ok. Well then we will see you at the wedding. Sarah says she will be over in the morning to help you."

"Ok. Hey Not far. She gets to hang with you tonight and I can't see you guys until tomorrow?"

"Well if you want to come over you can."