Chapter 1

the cover on the side is from FrankieBelle. how cool is it?

Hey guys, I know that I need to stay with one story at a time but I started this a month ago and I looked at it last night. I wanted to finish the chapter and see what you all think about it.

I hope you all like it.

please vote and comment.

thanks,

enjoy

************************************************************************************************************

It all starts with my family and friend. My family was born into The Navy and is still involved with it to this day. My dad is a Navy Commander and also was his father and his grandfather. I will just say that the Navy was in our blood. My mother and father were high school sweet hearts. They married right after school. My Mother fell pregnet with my brother about a year later. Then six months later my father was sent off to sea, it was very hard for my mother at first but she got adjusted to the Navy life pretty fast.

Over the months when my father was gone my mother needed to find a job to pay off some debts. So she looked around to find a job. One of her friends Martha said that she had a job for her. Mum came to the place where Martha told her to meet her. She walked up to find a hotel. Mum told me when I was little that she was overwhelmed when she first walked in. She walked in to the hotel and Martha showed her around the place and then told her what she would be doing. She was going to be the receptionist for the hotel. Mum was very happy to do that.

Mum told me that it was hard at first because my brother was around still because he was little. But after he was able to go to school it was a lot easier.

My brother was so much like my dad it wasn't funny how much he was like my dad. He loved the navy and everything that involved it.

My dad came home on my brother's third birthday. He came back and gave my brother a navy cap and pin. My brother never took them off in till my mum told him that is could get lost in the wash. From that point on he took it off every time he put his cloths in the wash.

My dad left six weeks later. My mum told me that Jake (my brother) almost ran after him when he left. He cried for days. From that point on he said to mum "I would like to join the Navy like daddy one day."

Every time he would say that mum would say, "Someday Jake, someday."

Everything was going well then mum found out that she was pregnant with me. Mum still kept on working at the hotel all the way though the pregnancy.

It was a week before mum would have me and she was still working. Martha would say that she should take some time off in till after the baby is born. But she didn't listen.

It was a day before; mum was tried but couldn't leave the hotel because she couldn't drive. Martha found mum in her room a sleep (Martha had given mum a room in the back of the hotel so that she could stay here on late nights. That room became mine when I started working there.) Martha got her some soup and a drink and looked after her. Around noon mum didn't feel good at all so Martha called '000' and they took her to the hospital.

I was born around three. My mum was so happy that I was a girl. She said that I was born with a full head of hair and I had blue eyes. She named me Cassandra.

Mum told me when I was older that I was a good baby and better then Jake. Jake was not happy about that.

When Jake was sixteen he started at Navy school. From that point on there were a lot of young navy guys in our house. I didn't like that, that much. Because my family was part of the navy we meet up with a lot of navy families weekly. Mum would go off with the mums and talk about any news that they have heard about their 'guys' as they put it.