Chapter 18

Breath hatched in her throat, as she ran. With a small dagger in her hand, she made her way through. Narrowing her eyes, she slashed the most vital point, not letting them counterattack.

It was becoming tiresome. Truly tiresome. The girl laced to her hand didn't make it any easier. With a kick, the she-dragon opened yet another doors.

''Laegil!" she heard behind her. She decided to ignore the protest and slashed another man's throat. She was getting tired. Breath, usually even, had became ragged. She spent too much time in the cave, she thought.

Her fingers dug dipper into the girls hand. There were too many enemies around. Stipped of magic, she had only a dagger to protect them both. Damn that Pegasus and his spells, she thougt gritting her teeth.

They were surrounding them, humans, with spears and armours. Glimmer of their blades reminded her of the war she once took part in. She dissmiesed the thought quickly. Laegil readied herself, letting go of the girls hand. In the corner of her eye she saw the girl creating Wind Blade, with trembling hands.

Anticipating an attack to come, Laegil took a deep breath. She won't let them get them.

''Get down!" the she-dragon shouted to her compainion, as the sea of spears moved towards them. The girl did not listen. With a shout of her own, she created a wind wave, surprising soldiers. Laegil smirked. She didn't waste the opportunity and jerking the girls hand, she led them out. She didn't even try to attack them. There was too much of them.

Their only chance to get away was to run through the less crowded corridors. It was a chance Atem gave them, to make it out alive, and she wasn't going to waste it. She had to take the girl out of there. She promised.

They made it to the lowest level of the mountain. They were lucky, thet Pegasus' manor was not a long way from here. They stopped, their breath heavy and ragged. There were no soldiers around here, but Laegil guessed they will be there soon. Their only option was to get to the stables and try to find a way out.

''We should get back here!" the girl gasped. ''Atem is there...! And Yugi and rest...!"

''No," Laegil cut in. ''Atem gave us the opportunity."

''Huh!?"

''I'm getting you out of there," she said.

''How can we leave them alone?!" the girl laced her fingers around her arm. Her eyes shimmered with worry and perhaps desperation. Laegil knew what the girl felt.

''You have so little trust in them?" she snarled. She knew she was cruel. But she couldn't have the girl whining here anymore. Pegasus wanted her for a reason, that was connected to her being the Vaiys. Laegil didn't know what was it, but she was sure that the power of Light shouldn't be used by the likes of Pegasus'.

The girls eyes widened.

''I-..."

Laegil put her hands on her shoulders.

''Stop whining, ______!" she-dragon looked straight into her eyes. ''They are going to be fine. Trust them, and trust me. Do you trust me?"

''Yes..." she said. Laegil's lips curved upwards.

''Good. Let's go."

The girl nodded and followed after the dragon. Laegil led them through corridors, in her hand still shimmered a dagger. She steped carefully, her arms tense, eyes following every shadow. She heard a sound, coming from the corridor to the left. Laegil stopped the girl, motioning her to step to the wall. She felt nearing presence.

Three people. No, four.

She took a deep breath, taking in all the smells around. But all she felt from the newcomers was a human blood. She could take them on. Four people wasn't much. But she wasn't sure whether they were friends of foes.