Chapter 3

You rode East for a week now. Atem said you were close to the City. Many merchants visited Nagaram City. It was located on one of the biggest trade routes. It extended from the capital of Westenra in the West as far as Moratu Kingdom. Yugi told you that on this time a year when Vasanta season was at apogee many merchants visited the city.

You were listening closely what the boy was telling. He seemed to be very knowledgeable and he answered most of your questions. You noticed Laegil did that too, but she wouldn't admit she was interested.

Yugi, when he wasn't speaking about complex subjects, was quite shy. You found it rather funny.

First thing you noticed while travelling was that it was hard. While you enjoyed views of the land you couldn't stay in the saddle for more than 3 hours straight. You were disappointed that it didn't work like in childhood books, where character rode fast whole day to reach destination and wasn't even a little tried. So much for you knowledge about world.

So here you were now, lagging behind with Atem, while Yugi and Laegil went to the town to search for inn to stop in. You felt extremely guilty and Atem's assurance that you shouldn't feel bad about it didn't help at all.

Well, at least you could admire views.

You walked in steady pace through green hills. Mountains with a cave was far behind you and now you could see only its outline. In the distance before you caught glimpse of Nagaram's City gates before it disappeared behind a hill.

"How does Lord Pegasus' manor looks like?" you asked. You couldn't imagine big dragon within some kind of mansion.

"You wondering about dragon fitting in a human home, right?" amusement flickered in his eyes.

"How do you know?" you pursed your mouth.

"Your face is like an open book, you know?" he said." Anyway, dragons can change their forms at will. So he lives in human-like manor in the mountains."

You hummed in response to new revelation. Somehow you could imagine that. Plus taking into consideration fact that brothers said that they couldn't change into their full forms, explanation made sense to you.

"So Laegil can change into dragon again whenever she'd like?" you inquired.

"No, I put a spell on her. Now probably she's pestering Yugi to remove it."

"Why would you put a spell on her?!"

"Because now came dangerous times." He said once again leaving you confused.

You sighed and turned face towards the sky. There were no clouds above and you could feel sunbeams touching you skin leaving pleasant sensation. Sun beaconed whole hill saturating green grass. It was amazing view.

"How long do you know Laegil?" you asked after some time.