Chapter 1

The girl was terrified. She held onto her bow so tight that her knuckles were turning white. What am I doing? She thought bitterly in her head, I never wanted it to come to this.

"Spencer, they're here." She turned around to the boy and pulled her cloak up to shield her face. The boy narrowed his eyes at her, "When they come with the boy don-"

The words rolled off her tongue before she could stop them, "I know what I'm doing Felix."

He snapped back at her, "Then do it, Peter is counting on us."

She pulled her quiver full of arrows over her shoulder and followed Felix through the maze of trees. The other lost boys came into her sight and the oldest one came forward saying, "Tamara and Greg are on the shore with the boy. Do we start with the plan?"

Felix shook his head and they watch as Greg tried to start a fire. It was hopeless, it soon became obvious the man had no idea what he was doing and the two adults broke out into a heated argument. Felix put his club over his shoulder and waved his hand forward, Let's go.

Spencer could feel her heart beating against her rib cage as they revealed themselves to the newcomers. She didn't even listen to what Felix was saying to them, all Spencer could think about was the task before her. She closed her eyes as Peter Pan's voice came into her thoughts I need you to help Felix take out Tamara and Greg. If we want Henry to help us save Neverland, we need him to ourselves.

Spencer opened her eyes to see Greg's shadow being ripped out of his body. Tamara and Henry looked at the dead body in shock and began to run away. Spencer quickly grabbed an arrow from her quiver and lifted her bow up. It's showtime, no going back now.

Felix ordered, "Get the boy."

The lost boys quickly followed his demand and ran after the two. Spencer stayed in place and let an arrow fly through the air. Just as expected it hit Tamara's back and she fell down to the forest floor.

Felix nodded at her, "Go back to camp, we will deal with him."

Not having the energy to argue, Spencer slowly walked back to the place she called home. What have I done?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Spencer watched as they placed Henry next to a tree. He passed the test! Spencer thought happily in her head, Henry is the truest believer. He's going to save Neverland.

"Tonight we celebrate boys!" Spencer turned to Peter and he raised his hand in victory, "We found the truest believer!"

The boys began to cheer and Spencer couldn't help but join them in their celebration. Peter whistled making the children stop and turned to their leader.

"It looks like some people are trying to break the rules." He smirked and pointed to half of the boys, "This half come with me, Spencer you're in charge. Don't let anything happen to Henry."

Spencer nodded her head and watched them take off to their quest.

A little voice called out, "Spencer?"

The girl turned to the small boy and smiled, "Yes Rory?"

The boy kicked his foot shyly and asked, "Do you think Peter will be able to save Neverland?"

The other boys gasped in shock at the boy's lack of trust toward Peter, but the girl only giggled and shook her hand through his hair. "Of course! Peter Pan never fails."

A new voice shook with fright, "Where am I?"

The girl looked at Henry and smiled, "You're in Neverland. There is no need to be afraid." Spencer noticed the other boys had stopped playing and looked at Henry. She scolded the boys, "Stop being so noisy and move along." The boys quickly looked away and Spencer put a hand out for Henry, "I'm Spencer."

Henry looked at the girl's hand, but made no effort to shake it.

She sighed, "I know this is scary, but we're all friends here. Don't you want to play with us?"

Henry's eyes looked toward the two boys who raced to climb the rope faster. "My moms are coming."

Spencer sat down next to him. "I used to believe my parents were coming to get me, but I realized how stupid that thought was."

Henry looked at her in shock and gasped out, "You wanted to escape Neverland too?" Spencer looked bewildered at the boy, "What?! No!" Henry shrank away from her outburst and the girl looked into the bonfire.

"My parents abounded me." Spencer paused, it was clear this story was hard for her to tell. "I was all alone, my own twin ran away from the foster system and left me behind. I had no one, but Peter came one day brought me home."

Spencer had given the boy the sugarcoated version of how she got to Neverland, her life here was not that simple. She had to work to stay at Neverland. Peter Pan's rule after all was no girls allowed, it was the reason why she was the only lost girl on the island.

Henry stayed quiet and Spencer continued, "I know you're a lost boy too."

Henry looked at her with anger in his eyes, "I'm not a lost boy. My moms are coming."

Spencer let out a laugh that made him even angrier. "Do you know what it means to be a lost boy?" Henry crossed his arms, "If you're a lost boy, then you don't have any parents."

The girl laughed again, "We all have parents Henry, we just didn't pop out of nowhere. Peter told me when you were a baby your mom gave you up." Henry shrugged his shoulders and replied, "So what? She is here now."

Spencer's eyebrow raised up, "But it hurt, right? It hurt knowing that your own mother abandoned you." When Henry remained silent, she knew that she was right.

Spencer stood up Henry's eyes followed her. "What a lost boy means is that your parents didn't abandon you, it means you abandoned them."

She smiled at the boy and yelled out, "Who wants to race me?" Hands shot up in the air in seconds as she walked up to the rope.

We need Henry to save magic. He cannot be doubting who he is now.