Chapter II

"What are you going to eat?" He asks, folding his arms and resting them on the table.

I sip the coffee, sighing softly when it tastes real and not stale. I shrug my shoulders, answering his question tentatively, "I'm not hungry."

"Okay." He shrugs too. I feel my eyes widen with shock. Normally there's more fight to it, more screaming, more forcing. Shivers run down my spine.

Tori comes back around, "Have ya decided, sir?"

"I'll take some chicken tenders, French fries. A grilled cheese, cut into triangles. Some macaroni-n-cheese. Some mashed potatoes and a bowl of your best pasta, with plenty of protein." He says, never glancing at her. Was that all for him? How does he keep his muscles with eating that much? I can't help but blush at my thoughts.

We remain silently until his food comes. I'm not one to ask questions about anything, it's not my place. So, I simply look out the window, watching the sun disappear into the horizon.

"We need some extra silverware." He speaks when Tori brings him his food.

She places two sets in front of him, giving me a gently smile. "You sure you don't want anything?"

"No ma'am I'm fine." I whisper, tracing lines on the table with the tip of my fingers.

"Well, I do have a new Apple fritter recipe we're trying. I'd like you to test it for me. You're not allergic to cinnamon, right?"

Four doesn't let me speak, "As long as she's not allergic to cinnamon, it sounds like a great idea. I want her to eat something good before she eats something like that though, so don't bring it out until I tell you." He gives her a tiny smile, which makes Tori light up.

"Of course sir. Have a great meal."

My eyebrows furrow, I didn't order eat anything so I'm not going to be able to eat the apple fritter. What is an apple fritter? Is this a punishment?

"Tell me what's on your mind." He murmurs softly.

"I-I don't know what an apple fritter is, sir." I frown, looking back down.

"It's like an apple pie sort of thing. Look up when I speak to you." He commands gently.

He spreads out both sets of silverware, "This is your set, and this is mine." He takes a fork and cuts a piece of chicken into bite size pieces. "Open." He waves the fork in my face.

When I hesitate, he smiles, "I'm not going to force you, but if you don't eat anything good you can't have an apple fritter." He teases, still waving the fork in my face.

I huff, opening my mouth and allowing him go feed me.

"Good girl." He praises, making my cheeks heat. He feeds himself once and then feeds me, repeating the process until we are both full.

"Can I?" He asks, gesturing towards my hands.

"What?" I squeak, confused.

He reaches forward, making me flinch back further into the booth. "Hush." He covers my hand with mine, flipping it over and lacing our fingers together. "I can tell you've been through something, and I know you are attracted to me. You're terrified because you think it's too soon. It might be, but we'll go slow. We can start as friends and work our way up. I'm never going to leave you alone and I'm never going to hurt you." He rubs his thumb over the back of my hand.

"Why?" I question quietly.

"I have a great reason. I just don't want to scare you." He speaks honestly.

"I-If we were to be friends, we have to build it on honesty." I mutter, avoiding eye contact.

"I'll show you tomorrow, flower." He smiles sweetly, "My precious little flower."

I blush, something I seem to do a lot around him. There was a force pulling me to him, and who was I to deny it? I have a feeling that Pete was right. Something good is going to come from this place.

Tori sets the fritter in front of me, "You want one too, Four?"

"No. I'm fine. Let me pay." He sits up, reaching for his wallet but Tori pushes him back down.

"It's on the house. Enjoy the fritter." She gives me a lighthearted grin.

"Will you share it with me?" I ask sweetly, looking at the huge omelet shaped thing in front of me.

"No baby, you eat it. It's yours." He brings my hand to his mouth, kissing it with his warm lips.

I tentatively put a piece in my mouth, mewling softly at the taste.

"Good?" He asks, eyes dark. I nod, taking another bite before placing my fork down. "That's it? Are you full?"

I nod, tugging my lip between my teeth.

"Alright, let's go then." He walks behind me, placing his hand on the small of my back hesitantly, his fingertips just brushing against the material of my shirt.

"Thank you." I tell him when he opens my door.

He sinks to his knees so he's eye level with my low car. "Thank you for joining me tonight. I'll see you tomorrow, okay?"

"Tomorrow?" I squeak.

"I'm going to spend each day with you from now on. Do you work?"

"Christina's boutique. Ten till whenever." I give him a small smile.

"I'll take you and pick you up. I'll see you ten before ten," He leans down and presses a kiss to my cheek. "Thank you, flower. I'll see you soon."