Chapter VII

"Thanks for my bird bath," I tell Four, never taking my eye off the vegetable I was chopping.

"It wasn't a problem baby," I can feel him grin. "I'm here to take care of you. You know that."

I stop chopping, tentatively walking towards his backside. He was very handsome, his brown hair styled in an effortless way, his t-shirt slimming his figure to pure muscle, and his butt was to die for in his jeans.

He chuckles quietly, "Why are you staring at my ass?"

"Sorry," I squeak, blushing.

"By all means, look all you want," He wiggles his butt a little, turning around to wink at me.

I take shy steps to his figure, and with shaking arms I reach up and wrap my arms around his waist.

He doesn't jump, just takes my hands from his abdomen in his own, bringing them to his lips. He pulls the food off the stove, waddling us in a silly way to the cabinet for plates.

He eventually releases my hand so we can set my tiny table.

He pulls me onto his lap, serving a big bowl of pasta for the both of us.

"Today's been a good day," He states, blowing on the food wound around the fork before placing it on my lips.

"What did you do before you came here?" I wonder.

He grins, "You get more and more out of your shell each day I spend with you. You're such a good girl," He praises, running his thumb across my cheek. "My mom is visiting some friends in another state and my sisters still need to go to school, so I took them and then did some of my work for the pack and.." He thinks a moment, "that's it."

I nod, nuzzling his neck, the day's events taking a toll on me.

"Is your back still sore?" He whispers, rubbing my back.

"A little, but that's expected."

"Did you take Tylenol like I told you?"

I release a shaky breath, "I really don't like taking any types of pills," I squeeze my eyes shut tightly, waiting for the reprimand that never came.

"I wish you would have told me, you can't keep stuff to yourself like that," He gives me a look that has me disappointed in myself, glancing down at my bare feet.

He stands with me around his waist, carrying me to the counter and setting me down. He glances around the kitchen a minute before ducking in air, making a reversed whistling sound. "I'm going to go buy some liquid medicine then. I want you to be able to sleep tonight."

"I won't be able to sleep anyway," I admit.

"Would it helped if I stayed the night?" He softly whispers, rubbing my knee.

"I feel safer with you," I admit quietly.

++++

He ends up going to the store and his home, coming back with medicine and clothes for the weekend.

After taking the icky stuff, I was so sleepy I all but callopsed on him.

He scooped me right up, cradling me to his chest and into the bedroom. I lay halfway on his chest, snuggling into his side.

"Good night, Flower."