Chapter: 14

Toby's POV

Its 6:30am when my alarm goes off. I get up and change into my uniform. Spencer is sound asleep on the bed with Avery next to her. Avery decided to join us in bed because she had a nightmare. I smile and go downstairs.

I make me a cup of coffee and drink it. Looking at the fridge I see it covered in Avery's drawings even the one she drew of Spencer the day they first meet. I smile remebering how she loved seeing Spencer.

My phone vibrates, I pick it up and answer it.

"Hello?" I say

"Is this Toby Cavanaugh?" The voice said.

"Yes." I reply.

"We found the person who broke into your home." He says.

"Who?" I ask

"Daniel Jones, he doesn't live here. But he turned himself in." He says.

I say thank you and hang up. It wasn't -A but why him. I think about it for awhile before having to leave for work. I'm worried about leaving them home alone.

Spencer's POV

I give Avery a bowl of cereal and sit down beside her.

"Are you excited to sleep at Hanna's tonight." I ask remebering how Hanna was busy last night but wasn't tonight.

She nods taking another bite of froot loops. I look at my phone, 1 missed call. It look at the number and see that it was Hanna. So I text her.

S- what's up.

I place my phone down as Avery takes the last bite of cereal. I grab the bowl and put it in the sink.

My phone vibrates so I go and look at it.

H-What time is Avery coming over again.

S- After lunch.

H- Ok thanks.

I place my phone down again. Avery plays with her pyjama top.

"Come on let's get you ready." I say walking towards the stairs. She runs up beside me and grabs my hand. We walk upstairs into her bedroom.

"Mommy?" She says looking up.

"Yes sweetie." I say bending down.

"I love you." She smiles wrapping her arms around me.

"I love you too sweetie." I hug her back.

She pulls away and goes over to her closet opening the door. She pulls out a pair of shorts and tries to reach for a shirt but can't. I go over and pull it down for her.

"Thank you." She says.

"Your welcome, I'll be in my room if you need help." I say walking towards the door.

I go into my room and put on some jean shorts and a plain t-shirt. I put my hair up in a bun. Avery comes in holding her hairbrush.

"Pigtails?" I ask

She nods and I start to put her hair up. She twirls in the big mirror in my room. I laugh.

"Can we take pictures?" She asks.

"Sure, let me go get my phone." I say leaving my room.

I'm back in the room and Avery managed to find a pair of heels and was trying to walk. I laugh and Avery freezes.

"I'm sorry." She asks looking down.

"Its ok." I say taking some photos.

Avery grins ear to ear before tripping and falling over. I rush to her side.

"Are you ok." I ask taking the heels away.

"Yep." She smiles standing up.

Toby's POV

I open the front door to my house. Spencer is in the kitchen making something.

"Smells great." I say wrapping my arms around her waist.

"Its soup from a can." She smiles. "But thanks anyway."

I kiss her shoulder.

"Toby...I'm trying to make dinner." She whispers.

"I know, I just missed you." He reply.

"I missed you too, oh and Avery says hi." She says.

I kiss her shoulder again then go sit down at the table.

"Spencer let me take you out for dinner." I say.

She turns off the stove and faces towards me.

"I just finished making it." She sighs.

"I'll take it in my lunch tommorow, you deserve a night out." I say standing up.

"Fine, let me go get ready." She huffs walking towards the stairs. I follow behind her. She changes in the bedroom and I change in the washroom.

When I'm finish I go back downstairs. I grab a small box out of my office and tuck it in my pants pocket.

I hear a door open and Spencer walks down the stairs. She's beautiful, I can't stop stareing at her. She blushes.

"You look beautiful." I manage to say.

"Thank you." She smiles kissing my cheek.

We leave the house and go to the restaurant. I can't help but smile at Spencer everytime she smiles. The women I love is right in front of me and tonight will change everything.

Thinking of writing another story, any ideas? And should there be a squeal to this book after it ends. -Alexa