Chapter 25- Cops, Last Day of School and Marriage

Unknown Person’s POV:

I report Luke and Leigha’s relationship before the assembly. After they kiss in the hallway, I make my way out front to see Mr. Richards and two policemen. I take a seat on the bench and put on my sunglasses. This is going to be good.

“Lucas Smith?”

“Yes officer?” Mr. Smith replies.

“You are under arrest for having a sexual relationship with a minor, who also was your student.”

“I won’t lie we have had a relationship. It started long before I was her teacher, but we haven’t done anything sexual. I love teaching and I didn’t want to lose my teaching certificate. I mean we have kissed, but nothing else,” Luke says looking at the ground.

“We need you both to come for questioning.” The officer commands nicely. One handcuffs each of them. As Leigha is put in a police car someone yells ‘slut’ and ‘are you going to kill yourself over this now?’ and ‘whore. I sit and watched. This turned out just the way I planned. I walk to my car with a smile.

Luke’s POV:

After three hours of being questioned I am released because we haven’t done anything. The decide not to tell my new school. I am so happy. I wait for Leigha to come out. My mom is waiting to pick me up and Leigha’s mom was here to pick her up. As Leigha came out I hug her and promise to call her later.

Leigha’s POV:

Two weeks passed in a blink of an eye. I am busy with exams and graduation preparations. People at school are assholes, but Jenny and Cody stick by my side. It is our last day in high school. Luke is here. He promised his classes he’d be here. It’s the last assembly of the year. After this we leave the building for the last time as students. We sit in our bleachers for the last time. Each class has their own section and this assembly is my personal favorite. People are talking as I tune in.

Luke’s POV:

I stand against the wall with my mom, Leigha’s mom and my niece Kelly. “Student Council President?” A girl says  into the microphone.

“Yes Libby?” The boy asks.

“I propose the class of 2013 move to the chairs on the floor and become alumni,” the girl says smiling.

“Granted!” The boy yells smacking the gable on the podium. I watch as Leigha locked arms with Jenny and Cody as they move down the bleachers. They run to their seats. The same thing goes through for the juniors and sophomores. Finally the freshman are moving. I spot Sara and Tasha. “I propose the class of 2014 become Sophomores and the traditional booing ceases for them,” the boy says. I laugh. Many years ago someone started the tradition of booing the freshman at every assembly and it stuck. Most of the staff thinks it’s mean, but it’s tradition. The freshman move and I see my sister and future sister-in law moving. They are so grown up, Ed takes the stage and talks about being responsible adults. Then he dismisses the seniors. Most of them run to the parking lot. I find Leigha waiting by the trophy cases in what is called the commons area. “Hey professor,” she says with a sexy smirk.

“Hey Alumni bitch.” I peck her lips.

“Are you riding home with me?” She questions smiling.

“Yes please,” I said grabbing her hands as we walk through the doors. The cars are lined up, some peeling out and showing off. There is also four cop cars just sitting there watching everyone.

Leigha drives me to her house. Before we get out of the car she looked at me and smiles. “What’s up Lee?”