Don't Forget To Call Jess!

Luke's POV

"Ceasar! I'm going to go upstairs for a bit, you're in charge!" Ugh I hate putting Ceasar in charge, he always manages to change something while I'm out, but I promised Lorelai that I'd talk to Jess, so that's what I'm going to do.

I get upstairs and the first thing I see is my wife-to-be's smiling face.

"Hey hon, I just got off the phone with Rory."

"Oh yeah, how's she take everything?"

"She took the wedding and Maid of Honor new with a shriek  that will leave me deaf in my right ear for a few more minutes, but that was to be as expected." 

"Well she's your daughter." I said with a slight chuckle.

"Yeah and she's going to talk to Jess to make plans to see him while she's away in Philly next week, so you need to call him now."

"Whoa Whoa Whoa. Hold on a minute, she's going to see him?!" God what is she thinking? "It's been almost two years!"

"Calm down honey, she just wants to make sure that they get all their weirdness and feelings and stuff out of the way before any wedding plans start and they have to see each other and plan stuff together. It's actually a really grownup decision on her part." I can't deny that logic, plus she looks so proud of Rory right now, I can't take that away by letting my personal feelings about Rory and Jess get in the way.

Now, let me get something straight. I love Jess, he's honestly more like a son than a nephew, but after he pulled his childish stunt of running away from his problems, I haven't thought that he was good enough for Rory. Yes, I know he was getting his life on track, but I can't shake this feeling that this 'new and improved Jess' isn't going to last.  But I'm just going to let this play out. They are both adults now, I just hope they both still act like adults, especially when it comes to their past together.

"Yeah, I guess that makes the most sense."  I force the words so that they don't come out bitter and grumpy. Lorelai has known me for too long and would definitely pick up on my tone, then she would start questioning me about it, and that's the last thing I need before going and talking to Jess.

"I'm glad you see things my way. Anyways, I got to get to the Inn, Sookie is having a Squash verses Zucchini debacle so I need to get down there to diffuse that."
"I'll see you later!" she says as she kisses me. Every time we kiss, it feels like the first time to me, and I never want to let her go.  "Don't forget to call Jess!" 

"Yeah, Yeah, I'm doing it right now."