Angels

~My Version~

I was sitting on the curb outside of my house, picking mindlessly at the cuts on my wrists.

They were such ugly cuts but I just couldn't stop myself from making them. It hurt so badly....and that was good. A beautiful voice like a song, snapped me out of my thoughts.

"You're going to be an angel," she said. I looked up to see and beautiful young girl standing in front of me and staring at my wrists that were now bleeding again.

The little girl looked about five, wore a long white dress and clutched a teddy bear to her chest.

She had long golden curls and soft brown eyes that studied me as if I was someone special.

"Thank you, but why am I one?" I wondered, giving her a confused look. I wanted to hide my wrists from get but she'd already seen them and there was no sense in hiding them.

"My mommy told me that those who cut their wrists are angels because they don't like the world and the destruction and the hate so they cut their wrists so they can go back home in heaven," the little girl explained. I was shocked as I stared at her.

"Oh.." I whispered, barely able to wrap my mind around how such a beautiful little girl could know about self harm. Who was her mother? Did I know her? Why would she let her daughter know about self harm? This little girl was so innocent...

"My mommy returned home because she's an angel."

~Original Version~

Girl- you are going to be an angel

Other girl- thank you but why am I one?

Girl-my mommy told me that those who cut their wrist are angels because they don't like the world and the destruction and the hate so they cut their wrist so they can go back to their home on heaven

Other girl- oh...

Girl- my mommy returned home because she's an angel

A/N I know technically that isn't a sad story but my amazing bff sent this to me and said...uhm yeah anyways it was probably the sweetest thing I've read and.literally brought tears to my eyes so I hope you like it :)

Dedication to her will go as soon as she gets her beautiful self back on wattpad :) thanks guys