Disease

It's a disease that lives in you. It starts in your mind, wraps around your heart and manifests to your soul. It curls up deep in side you, and you let it. It kills you. You can feel it eating you alive. It eats you from the inside out, making your skin cave in. Making your bones poke through until that's all that you are. Skin and bones. It suffocates you. It puts thoughts in your mind that don't belong to you. It distorts your vision. It tears you apart. 
So where does it start? Where does this all begin? How did it get inside you? Possess you? Take away all that you are? It starts as a comment. A thought. Looking in the mirror. Getting on the scale. You start limiting your food. Eat less, exercise more, slowly but surely you lose weight. No one notices at first. It's just a thought in the back of your mind. And then it grows.
Pretty soon, it's small diets. Then fasts. You can't stand to look in the mirror anymore. You weigh yourself daily and the pounds are droppings faster. You can't control it. It's in your heart now. It's sinking your stomach in and showing your ribs just barely. It's threatening a thigh gap and bones where smooth skin would be. It's taking over.
Not long before you stop eating. Solid water. No excuse. Everyone has noticed. They try to get you to eat. Your bones are on full display now. Completely skin and bones. Your organs are shutting down. You're at a hospital, barely breathing. It's manifested to your soul. Everyone begs and pleads and asks you why. 
But you don't respond. You never do. Because that's the exact moment it chooses to stop your heart. 
They say it's a disease. An illness. They say it'll kill you. Cause your organs to shut down. Hurt you. Unsafe. Unhealthy. Too thin. 
But they don't understand.