Love

Every fiber of my being screamed at me to get down. That this wasn't the way out. I was so close. I could taste the danger on the tip of my tongue. I looked at the picture of my baby sister and frowned. It was all I had left of her. She died last night. In the orphanage. She had gotten a bad fever that never went down and no one was there to help her, except me. It was my fault.

I wiped away a stray tear and reached for the loop of the rope. I could almost smell my sister's sweet scent. She had smelled like roses and cinnamon. She had smelled like Love. I remembered how she'd smile and clap her hands, not yet old enough to talk. Only two years old when she'd died.

Mom and dad would've been horribly depressed. But I guess now they wouldn't be since we'd all be together. 

I closed my eyes and pictured my little sister again. Bright green eyes, huge smile, pale skin and whispers of blond hair curling around her ever-angelic face.

I pulled the loop of the noose over my head and tightened it around my neck. My sister laughing with mom and dad. My sister grinning up at me. My sister curling up in my arms as I held her.

I felt hot tears spilling over and down my face as I stepped off the chair. My eyes popped open as the immediate pain took. I couldn't breathe. I felt my body struggling and my mind panicking while I tried to stay calm. I felt the darkness getting closer.

It was closing it. I closed my eyes so I wouldn't have to watch it.

I loved my sister... Her smile... Her laugh... Her eyes... Her smell... My sister smelled like lo...