A Glimpse Into My Psyche ~Author Unknown

You ask, "Why?"
I ask, "Why not?"

Don't try to save me. I know I'm not alright. I don't want to recover. This is all I have. I know I'm skinny. I could stop anytime. Right now, however, I choose to continue. Its quite ironic, anorexia saved my life. It gave me something to live for, my final driving force. The final road to the end of the line, the end of the life filled with broken promises and deceptive faces. The only thing keeping me in this forsaken life is the comfort in knowing that even when my dreams fail and my friends turn their backs, at least I'll be thin. I'm the lost child in the forest, the kitten that no one wants. I'm a sickly and weak soul hiding in a person powerful and strong. So I put up my fronts and shut everything out, those deceptive faces will see my soul. I continue to age and triumph through life, breaking down borders and inspiring others, all the while remaining the child that was tainted with dependence upon pity. I used to be my own worst enemy, until I destroyed that enemy. I had strayed so far I never thought I'd ever come back. After years of searching, I found the frail child. I made peace with the one I hated. After so long of looking at the stranger the child had become, I once again recognized the person in the mirror. I'm proud of myself and I love myself; its this world I cannot stand. So you look at me with your fake sympathy, saying you care and asking me why I continue to do this. I laugh at your false concern and confidently chide, "I do it because I can."