How I Met Them

It was a windy and gloomy afternoon. I was walking home from school and there was a crowd where people were rushing off to get to. I ask one of the people standing, holding her phone, trying to take a picture of who it was. “It’s B.A.P.” She said. Since I don’t have much interest towards celebrities, I just went my own way but I was pushed through the crowd as many more people gathered to watch them. Someone pushed me so hard that I bumped into one of the members and fell.

“Sorry. I’m really sorry…” There weren’t any cameras or anything, just their fans but it felt like the whole world was watching me.

“Hyung! Kwenchanha?” A curly fellow ask, rushing to his hyung.

“I’m fine. Ask her.” His husky voice surprised me.

“Are you okay? Are you hurt?” The guy who looks awkward asks.

“Yeah. Nothing to worry about.” I was putting on a fake smile so that they won’t feel bad. “Look. I’m really sorry. I was going home when dozens of people were pushing and it g-got me h-here.” I tried to look into “Though Guy’s” eyes but he didn’t look so happy.

“It’s okay. It’s not like you wanted to hug me, right?” He made a suspicious look.

“Eyyy! No way! Hyung, you’re scaring her.” Curly hair taps his hyung’s shoulder. “Stop asking her weird questions.”He continued.

“No, I don’t have the intention to hug you or do something that would embarrass me…or us. And I don’t even know you guys.”

They looked at each other seriously and with curiosity.

“How can you not know us?” The “Though Guy” asked, crossing his arms. I have to admit, it really felt like a thug was asking for my money with his little slaves.

“Hyung! I told you we weren’t that famous. Why didn’t you believe me?!” The curly hair frowned. He looked like he’s the maknae but he was to tall, even taller than me.

“Seriously, you don’t know us?” A “Masked Man” asked and the “Though Guy” kept looking at me.

“Should I?” I started to feel bad and stutter.

“No. You don’t have to. It’s just you’re busy with school and got no time to look up on the internet, aren’t you?” If only the masked man doesn’t have the mask on, I probably would’ve seen his face full of confusedness.

“I’m busy but I sometimes I surf things, too, on the internet.”

“A lot of people are like that, and now they’re our fans.” And he smiled.

“Should we introduce ourselves, then?” The curly said, looking at the tough guy. I was just standing there when the bus to my place was finally here.

“No time. My bus is here. Gotta go! See you guys…”I stopped for a moment and my mind went blank for a second. They were all looking at me. Every time I say “See you guys”, it always ends up with - Later. “Later”. My lips said.

What was I thinking? Why did I say LATER and what the hell did I mean?’

I was running away trying not to miss the bus when I heard a guy shouted. “Guys!” I looked back for a moment and wondered who it was.

I got off the bus and safely reached home. “Wasseo?” My 17 year old sister asked while sitting in front of the TV and hugging a pillow.

“Yup. What are you watching? And you do know that we have a couch, right?” I went to the kitchen and looked for some food as I didn’t get to eat lunch that afternoon.

“Music Bank. Yes, I know but I like sitting on the floor.” She paused for a second. “Onnie, guess what?” She threw the pillow, run towards me and sat at the chair as fast as a lightning.

“Mwo? You look excited.” I was getting curious but didn’t care at the same time.

“My favourite is here!” She excitedly shouted with her eyes wide open.

“At Music Bank? Nugu? Super Junior? Beast?” Still looking for food.

“Ani. B.A.P!! BEST ABSOLUTE PERFECT!!” I can tell that she can’t wait to see them but it’s not even face to face.

“B.A.P? I think I saw them on my way home.”Then flashbacks played on my mind.“Weeell, I actually bumped into one of them. The guy with the husky voice….” I didn’t want to tell her but I had to.

“What?! You saw them and bumped into one of them?! Do you even know what they’re names are?” She stood up and went to her room then got out with a poster. “Which one of them?” She laid out the poster on the dining table and told me who they are. “Maybe you bumped into Yongguk Oppa.” she paused “…and he’s the leader.” She continued. “The curly guy’s name is Choi Junhong but we call him Zelo 'cause it’s his stage name and did you see the guy with the mask?”

“Yeah. I couldn’t see his face but his eyes were pretty.”  I don’t know why I said that but I did.

“Yeah. Wait, how many were they?”

“5? Yes, there were 5 of them. You once said that they were 6. Where’s the other one?”

“Oh! Himchan! I forgot to tell you that one of them broke his fingers and won’t be able to perform. They have this dance, which they call 'Push-Up Dance’, cause they’re exercising at the same time. My baby! I hope he gets better soon.” She was all sad and sobbing and went back to the TV. I was washing the rice when my phone rang. Since my hands were wet, I told Jisu to take it out from my bag and hold it near my ear. “Thanks.” Looks at Jisu.

“Yeobosaeyeo, Ji-ae imnida.”

“Annyeong! It’s me!” Shin Somi. 20 y. o. and comes from a rich family. Have been friends since elementary school till now. Goes to the same high school as me.

“Mwohae?” She asked. “About to eat.” It was a lie.

“Your voice says something else. You’re still putting your plate on the table and looking for this and that and…”

“Arasseo. Now what?” Sometimes, I regret letting her get to know me. She just knows too much about me. She even knows me better than myself.

“Wanna go see a performance? Its live aaaand I’ll treat you to dinner once the show’s over. Your choice! Bring your sister! I’m in front of your house! Ppalli-wa!” She hangs up and I didn’t get to say anything.

Live performance? I looked at the TV. and it was live. Since Somi is a K-Pop lover just like Jisu, I figured it was gonna be Music Bank. “Jisu-ya. Wanna see B.A.P live?”

“Mwo?!” Taking my phone back to my purse.

“Wanna see B.A.P live? Somi’s down stairs waiting for us. She’ll…”

“Shh!!” She started screaming then ran towards her room and slammed the door closed which made my gut jumped then put her head out while her body is in. “I’ll get ready. Tell her to wait.” I knew she was really really excited but I still don’t understand her. Then I asked myself, what’s wrong with these girls?

*****