Chapter 7

Dylan and I walk to the cafeteria. Once we got on the lunch line I got my usual, a slice of pizza and a small salad on the side, because you know. Gotta try and be healthy.
Dylan got a cheeseburger and fries. I went searching through my purse for my wallet as I walked up to the cashier. Unfortunately I realized that I left my wallet at home. Fuck.

" can I pay you tomorrow? " i asked feeling annoyed with myself.
The lady nodded , thankfully SHE didn't seem annoyed. Right when I was about to walk off, I overheard Dylan talking to the cashier.
"I'll pay for the both of us" he said before taking bite out of his cheeseburger.

I could feel myself blush but at the same time feel a little sorry.

"You didn't have to do that " I said letting out a shy smile.

"Are you kidding? That's what friends are for!" He finished with a smirk and his sexy wink .

I nodded "Thank you"

" you owe me 4 dollars by the way" he looked at me like he was amused, waiting to hear my response.

"4 dollars?? But my part only cost you 3 dollars! "I let out a funny shocking face to him laugh.

My plan worked, he let out a small chuckle before saying " well there's also 1 dollar interest."

Trying to keep him amused I said " funny" as I playfully punched him in the arm.

We both walked outside with our trays of food in our hands. After finding a table I plop my food down and begin to eat.

"You don't waste time do you Gomez?" He said chuckled before taking a sip of water.

"Shut up and eat with me"

" fine" he said exaggerating the e.

After a couple of bites, I clean my hands with a napkin and cleared my throat before starting a new conversation."Are you nervous for try outs"

" depends "he said a small smile creeping on his face .

"What do you mean?".

" well if my lucky star comes then I'll get in for sure, but if she doesn't come I doubt I'll get in"

My cheeks turned red, a small part of me hoped he was talking about me.
"Lucky star? She?"I questioned hoping he could more direct.

" well you of course"he said after licking his lips.

I licked my lips as I felt him lean in. His breath was fanning my face and i could feel the tension rise. I stared into his adorable brown eyes but he was staring at my lips and then at my eyes.Right as our lips were about to touch, Taylor sat down next to me.

" save it for after school" she said laughing before almost choking on her Apple.

We both pull away awkwardly. At this point I kinda wish she did choke on her Apple.