Chapter 13

Chapter 13

It had been about a week since Sofia left and Jordan had told me he loved me. Everything had been so perfect after she left, in fact I think she actually made us stronger. Before she left I told her that I forgave her and she was actually really nice to me. I think we were actually friends now. Although I could never fully get over the fact that she kissed my boyfriend.

I scrolled through the T.V guide looking for something good to watch. Unsurprisingly, there wasn't. The house phone rang and I was about to get up and get it until I saw dad running down the stairs. He took the phone into the kitchen and all I could hear was mumbling as I decided on watching MTV.

A few minutes later dad came out of the kitchen and looked at me then he looked up the stairs and shouted for Toby to come down. He explained to us that the Bakers had invited us to dinner in a couple hours. Toby rolled his eyes and went upstairs. Dad went back to the kitchen. I wondered why they wanted us over for dinner and I thought it would be kind of awkward to hang out with my boyfriends family but why not.

I got bored of the tv and went upstairs to get ready.

-----------------------------

-----------

"So what restaurant are we going to?" Toby asked eagerly.

"Olive garden" dad replied.

When we pulled into the parking lot, the Bakers car pulled up next to us. I smiled at Jordan as we both got out of the car and he grabbed my hand. I got a little nervous when Joanna looked at us until she smiled and said "You guys are just the cutest." And gave me a half hug.

We sat down and everyone chatted while Jordan kissed my cheek and made cute face at me that made me giggle. Toby was texting someone, probably his girlfriend.

After everyone ordered, we all chatted and sipped our drinks.

After the adults were done laughing about one of dads dumb jokes, Joanna looked at me.

"Just in case you were wondering why we invited you guys for dinner, we just thought that our families should get to know eachother a little better since you and Jordan have been spending so much time together."

"Oh ok." I blushed.

"Also you're very pretty and you seem very well put together and I'm glad Jordan has good judgement."

I smiled as Jordan squeezed my hand under the table.

"She is a good girl," dad started, "but I haven't seen her smile this much since...a while. That boy of yours must be somethin' special."

"He is." I smiled at Jordan and he kissed my forehead.

I could see Toby roll his eyes while they were still attached to his cell phone screen. Just then, the waitress came with the plates. Everyone muttered to eachother while we all scarfed down our food. Soon after we were all stuffed we left the money on the table and left.

"You can ride with us if you'd like, Tabby," Joanna offered as we entered the parking lot. The sun was dim and I could tell it was going to set soon. I breathed in the smell of crisp evening air. It smelt like rain might come.

I looked at dad for approval to ride with Jordan and his parents. He shook his head.

"Yay thanks dad." I kissed his cheek and grabbed Jordan's hand as we went to his car.

The whole way home, Jordan's mom asked me questions about my self and then she told us the story of how her and Jonathan met and fell in love. It was pretty cute actually. They had bumped into eachother on accident one day at school and when Jonathan scrambled to pick up her books, he looked up at her and they instantly fell in love.

We pulled in front of their house just about the same time as dad and Toby. The smell of rain was a little bit stronger.

"Thank you guys for tonight. It was really fun." I told Jordan's parents.

"No problem sweetie. It was nice getting to know you a little better." She replied sweetly.

My dad offered for them to come in for a drink and they agreed. I started walking inside with everyone when Jordan grabbed my arm.

"Wait. I wanna show you something." He said. I was a little hesitant but I agreed.

We walked through trees and bushes for about a minute before I asked "where are we going?"

"Ill show you just be patient". He said. I grumbled as he continued to drag me through the trees.

Then, suddenly, we got through a clearing in the trees to a hill. The sun was just on the brim of the horizon and they sky was pink and orange. The breeze blew fresh air on my face and from the hill you could see a whole field of poppies. It was one of the most gorgeous things if ever seen.

"Wow." I said.

"Ya, I found it the other day when I was exploring. I thought it was amazing." He explained as he sat down in the middle of the grass. He patted the spot next to him and I joined him.

Then we both laid out on the soft fresh grass and looked up at the sky. After a few minutes of us staring at the sky Jordan broke the silence.

"Are you ticklish?" He looked at me.

"What?" I turned my head.

"Are you ticklish?"

"What no why would--I --no I'm not." I lied.

"You little liar." He sat up with an evil grin.

I sat up also trying to sound convincing, "no really Jordan--" before I could finish he grabbed me by the waist and started tickling me.

"No no --stop!" I giggled. He laughed as I struggled and kicked my feet.

"Told you you were lying" he said finally releasing me. I chuckled and softly punched his arm.

Just then, I felt a warm raindrop on my face. Then it started falling a little but harder.

"What the-- but it's summer." Jordan complained.

"Yeah, well you never know what to expect with California's bipolar weather." I looked up at the sky as the rain got harder.

"We'd better go we--" I was cut off by Jordan's mouth. He kissed me so softly.

"Sorry." He pulled back "it's just--it's raining and---you know--just seemed kinda perfect"

I smiled and kissed him again before we slowly walked back to our houses in the warm rain.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HEY GUYS OMG IM SO SORRY I HAVEN'T UPDATED IN FOREVER IVE BEEN SO BUSY IM SORRY I SWEAR ILL UPDATE AGAIN REALLY REALLY SOON YOU GUYS ARE SO AMAZING I LOVE YOU AND I HOPE YOU ENJOYED THIS CHAPTER XOXOX