4 [Rewritten]

Saturday

Minyoung woke up once the sun's blinding rays hit her face. She groaned and rolled off her bed, falling on the floor with a small thud. She got up slowly and checked the time on her phone.

11:09

"It's almost lunch?" She rubbed her eyes and exited the room, her phone in her hands. She heard people talking so she quietly took her steps towards the dining room.

She checked to see if who was talking with her mom. She expected it to be one of her mom's friends or a relative but it wasn't. She peeked her head on the door frame and her eyes widen.

Her dad was home.

"A-appa..." she said, getting the attention of her parents. Her dad's eyes widen at the sight of his daughter. It's been a while since he saw her.

"Min-min!" he exclaimed before rushing towards her and engulfing her in a big hug.

She hugged him back, pouting when she heard him call her by that embarrassing nickname. "Appa, I told you to never call me that! I'm not a little girl anymore!" she complained.

Mr. Lee broke the hug. He ruffled his only daughter's hair and chuckled. "You're always appa's little girl! I missed you so much!" he said and pinched her nose. A gesture she truly missed.

Mrs. Lee smiled at the sight of her husband and daughter. She clapped her hands, getting their attention. "Well, c'mon now. Let's eat!"

Minyoung and her dad nodded and went to their seats. Followed my Mrs. Lee who sat in front of Minyoung after placing the food on the table.

They mostly talked about Minyoung and how her studies were going. Mr. Lee also asked if she had a boyfriend.

Of course she said no.

When they were done eating, Minyoung helped her mom clean up while her dad went to sit down at the living room.

While they were in the middle of washing the dishes, there was a knock on the door.

"I'll get it!" said Mr. Lee and he walked towards the door.

Minyoung and her mom continued on doing what they were doing, thinking that it was probably the mailman or something.

"Minyoung!" her dad called. "Someone's looking for you!"

"Well who could that be?" she mumbled as she dried her hands with a towel before going to see who it was.

She walked out of the kitchen and into the living room. "Who is it- Oh Jungkook! Come in, come in!" she said when she saw Jungkook by the doorway.

"Hello, Minyoung." he greeted with a smile on his face. He followed me to the couch and sat next to me. My dad sat on the other couch, just in front of us.

"I thought you didn't have a boyfriend?" her dad asked, his eyebrow raised and his lips curving up into a smile.

"He isn't my boyfriend appa.." she said as a matter of fact.

Mrs. Lee came out of the kitchen and entered the living room, wiping her hands on her shorts while walking towards them.

"Minyoung who was at the do- Why, hello there! Minyoung is he a friend?" she asked, surprised since this was the first time her daughter has ever brought a friend over.

Minyoung nodded. "Yes he is, Jungkook is a classmate of mine." she said.

"Annyeonghaseyo Mr. and Mrs. Lee. I'm Jeon Jungkook." Jungkook stood up and bowed to her parents.

"It's nice to meet you Jungkook-ssi. What brings you here today?" Mrs.Lee asked and sat down next to her husband.

"Well, I actually wanted to uh, ask Minyoung out on a date- If that is okay with you..." Jungkook said and bit his lower lip nervously.

Minyoung's parents looked at each other and then towards her.

"Ah Jungkook-ssi. It's all up to Minyoung, actually. But we're okay with it as long as you won't be out late." Mr. Lee said.

"Thank you, sir." Jungkook said and gave a slight bow to him.

"Sooo, Minyoung dear?" Minyoung's mom looked at her with a smile from ear to ear. It was clear that she was really excited.

"Yeah, sure." she said and smiled.

"Great! I'll pick her up at 3 tomorrow." Jungkook said and smiled at Minyoung. He felt absolutely happy though he knew she would probably say yes to him anyway.

Minyoung's parents and Jungkook had a small chat. They asked him about his parents and he told them why he ran from home, which was because his parents are abusive and he would always get beaten up when his dad comes home drunk.

When it was time for Jungkook to leave, Minyoung's mom hugged him while her dad gave him a pat on the shoulder. Minyoung walked with him outside.

"You're parents are so nice." he said and chuckled, breaking the silence between them.

"Yeah I suppose they are.." she replied, smiling alightly. "Uh..... sooo, that's why you ran away huh?"

He hummed in response. Not really caring about it anymore.

"Did they try to contact you or something?" Minyoung asked.

"They did. Until now they do try to call me."

"So why don't you try going back home? They're probably worried."

Jungkook scoffed. "No they're not. I'm sure they're calling me for something else. Appa probably doesn't have anyone to beat up anymore or something.." he muttered, letting out a cold laugh.

"I'll go with you if you want. I'm always here you." Minyoung said, looking at him with concern. And love.

"Thanks Minyoung. I appreciate it." he replied and pulled her in for a hug. "But, not now... Maybe when the time is right.." he whispered, trying to hold back the tears that were threatening to fall.

Jungkook broke the hug and faced her. "Well, uh, I guess I'll see you tomorrow then." he said.

"Yeah, bye Jungkook."

"Bye."

And with that, Jungkook turned his heels and started to walk away. Minyoung ran back inside their house and to her surprise, her parents were standing by the window next to the door.

She raised her brow at them. "Were you eavesdropping on our conversation?" she asked.

Mr. Lee and Mrs. Lee looked at each other and chuckled. "I guess kinda were.."