Chapter 9. Crywolf

And you've got teeth like a wolf, but you cry like a sheep.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I walked into the cafeteria with a smile plastered on my face and sat down at the table next to Nickela and interrupted their conversation 'Guys, the most AMAZING thing just happened..' I said mysteriously and inserted a dramatic Pauze.

'Go on then' Emma encouraged

'Well, long story short, I have Zayn's number' I exclaimed.

'Was that it?' Kim said, obviously not impressed, 'that was not worth stop eating food, I would've asked him ages ago'

I scoffed to show I was offended 'Well for your information, he asked me'

'Oh! That's a good sign' Nickela informed.

'He's obviously interested' Amber said like it's something everybody knows.

'It's not obvious. It's always easier in books and movies cause then you just know. And this is real life.' I said sadly.

'He asked for your number Tanisha. You don't ask people for their number if you don't give a shit about them. Obviously he cares, and maybe it's not in a romantic way YET but that'll come' Amber explained. I let the words sink in for a second and nodded. I grabbed my lunchbox from my bag and opened it to look at it's content's, 2 sandwiches, a sliced up paprika and a cookie.

'Wow that cookie looks great' Emma hinted, so I handed her my cookie and she passed me her cookie.

'Hmm look at that paprika' Amber said, naturally I handed her my paprika and she gave me a small bag of chips.

You get the process.

By the end of our trading session I had a bag of m&m's, one twix bar, a sandwich, a cookie and a bag of chips.

'And then I look behind me and see Emma and Louis lying on a broken table!' Nickela finished her story of how Emma and Louis broke a table making everybody laugh.

'And to make it worse the table looked like it was SO EXPENSIVE' I giggled

'But their whole house looked bloody expensive' Emma said seriously 'honestly their teenagers how can they live in a paradise like that? Do they even have jobs?'

'I know right! They live like fucking millionaires!' Nickela agreed.

'Now I REALLY want to see that house' Lizzie said excitedly.

'Maybe we can sneak up to their house tonight and take a look' Kim giggled.

'No way! Their house is sooo far in the woods it's creepy' Emma said.

'Not only that' I said, suddenly very serious 'I think there's wolves in that forest' I confessed.
Amber, Lizzie and Kim started dying with laughter.
'IT'S TRUE!' I insisted.

'Wouldn't surprise me' Emma mumbled looking deep in thought.

'Oh no! The big bad wolf is going to get me!' Amber teased in fake fear.

'I swear!' I said, still very serious. My friends suddenly understood how serious I was and stopped laughing 'it happened after we dropped Emma off at her home. Louis decided to walk home, probably to give Zayn and I some privacy or something. And then, just as we drove out of the street. I saw something.'
At this point the entire table was silent and paying attention to my story.

'What was it?' Lizzie whispered, almost as if she was afraid to break the silence.

'I'm.. not sure. It looked like a wolf but HUGE and so incredibly fast' I explained.

'Maybe it was just one of those big dogs?' Nickela asked, seeming very unsure.

'Maybe..' I reply, but I'm not convinced.

The bell rings and everybody in the cafeteria stands up and rushes to their next class. I noticed that Emma looked quite troubled, and she hadn't said much during my story.. I'll ask her about it later.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

This chapter is way smaller than usual but I think I might start writing smaller ones because that way I can update more frequently :)