|1|

Hey guyz! So this is my first attempt at writing a book on Wattpad and i am psyched! I love to read and write and I really hope you like my story! I totally accept criticism as well as compliments so don't hesitate to comment what you think! Hope you enjoy reading this! VOTE and COMMENT!:3

****************************************************************************************************

Beep!Beep!Beep!Beep!

Cursing, I fumbled around like a zombie for my phone so that I could hit the snooze button and stop the atrocious noise. Of course it had got lost somewhere in my bed covers. Rubbing my eyes I got out of bed and stretched. It was another boring Wednesday. I hate  Wednesdays for some reason.

Beep!Beep!Beep!Beep!

Damn! Where was my phone! That's when I saw it fallen on the floor. I picked it up and jabbed the snooze button and placed it on my bedside table. I did my business in the bathroom and then got ready fairly quickly since I don't apply gunk on my face or burn my hair curling or straightening it.  And usually I just put on whatever is comfortable as long as I don't look like a cartoon.

I glanced at the clock above my bed. I had to leave in fifteen minutes. Enough time to read.I grabbed my bag, phone and a book and headed downstairs. The house was quiet indicating that my parents had left for their work. My dad had just got a new job and it involved a lot of travelling so now a days he was barely home. I missed him but now I'm used to it. Mom teaches in the University and leaves early in the mornings and  I'm alone most of the time. I grabbed my favourite peach yogurt and settled down with the book. I don't have breakfast. And yes, I'm a bookworm. Deal with it.

Just when I was getting to the good part of the book, my bestie Maci, entered the kitchen through the back door, bringing in the faint fresh scent of the outdoors.

"Elle. C'mon! I swear we're gonna be late!" She urged, taking the carton of yogurt from my hands despite my protests and placed it on the counter.

"Yep. Let's go." Shutting my book resignedly, I slung my arm around hers and we trudged up to my beauty- a brand new VW Beetle which dad had given to me last year for getting straight As through out the year. Maci was too lazy to get out her car and she usually just rode with me.

Colton High was a good distance from my house and we reached just in time. I parked the car and we entered, then made the usual walk to my homeroom. Maci waved goodbye because her room was further down.

Before leaving, she gave me a knowing look then waved. She knew my problem. Since I always topped everyone in my year in studies, people used me. They black mailed me for getting their homework done. They  bullied me for being a goody goody teacher's pet and stuff like that. Well, atleast at my old school. It wasn't too much at this school and two years had passed since I've been here. I closed my eyes. Stop Elle!Don't think about that. And you are not as weak as you used to be. I squared my shoulders and walked in the room. I spotted the corner most seat and slid into it. I took out my book since we still had time for class to start. That was until someone slammed my book down. Jeez. Here we go again. Cue the mental eye roll.
"Hey Geek!" I heard Brynn O'Malley's cloying voice. I craned my head up to the most popular chick of Colton. And the meanest. Why can't populars be kind as well?

"Yeah?" I asked in an overly sweet voice."Anything you want?"

"Uh huh. You go to hell and never come back." she said. How sweet.

"I would but then..I would meet you there so no thanks."I faked a frown. "And if there's nothing else you want I suggest you please leave." I picked up my book and bit the inside of my cheek shaking a bit. I spoke too much.

"What did you do, huh? Did you use your dumb nerdy attitude to lure him? Is that what you did?" She asked, her voiced filled with malice as she flipped her ultra shiny, ultra glossy hair over her shoulder.

I put my book down confused. "Who?"

"Oh don't play dumb and confess bitch. I saw Nate totally ogling at you. At you. And he's... well something you clearly don't deserve." With an overly exaggerated eye roll, she wobbled off in her sky scraper heels.

Wait. HAD Nate been staring at me? I turned my head a fraction. Sure enough he was staring at me, a slight grin playing around the edges of his lips. I felt my skin heat up. Nate was a popular. But he wasn't mean. He was sweet unlike the others. In other words, he didn't have his head stuck all the way up his ass. He actually helped people. Little did I know how naive my perception was of him.
I snapped my book shut as the bell rang and headed to my class, feeling flustered.

**************************************************************************************

Hey! Hoped you liked it till here. I know Alec hasn't been introduced as yet but the next chapter and so on will have him.;) I'll update ASAP! Xoxo!