|5|

Everything about Alec Knight was driving me crazy. Oh not in a good way. Definitely not! Before, I was biting my nails nervously because I couldn't decide whether to ring the Knight's doorbell or not. Now I was biting my nails nervously because I couldn't decide whether to text him or not.

My white digital clock beeped, indicating it was 12:01 am. Oh crap crap crap! I should be sleeping right now, lost in dreamland rather than fretting over calling the school's bad boy. Even if I DO call him, he'll be asleep right? Psh! Ofcourse not. Maybe I could just message him. You must be thinking why I needed to do this so badly.
It's because I can't help thinking how  he solved all those equations so fast. I mean come on. A bad boy with good grades? Or rather awesome knowledge? Nope. Never heard of such a species. If he was so good at this, then why did he need tutoring so badly? He could very well use his brains and save us both the trouble. So I messaged him.

This is Elise. I need to talk to you in school. Its about the tutoring.

I tapped the side of my phone impatiently waiting for his reply. My phone bleeped.

Why? Do you have a death wish?

I rolled my eyes. Such exaggeration. But it did unnerve me a bit. Being the idiot that I am I replied quite boldly.

Is that a threat?

Shit! What did I do! Better start praying. I wiped my sweaty palms on my bed covers furiously, a feeling close to excitement firing up inside me. This is the effect he was having on me through a freaking screen! I almost don't dare to look as my phone as it bleeped again signaling another text.

Try me.

Oh crap. The two words made my body go hot and cold and threw my mind into over drive.
This was the part where I should have kept my phone away and slept peacefully. I could have sorted it out tomorrow. Just keep the phone away. Or maybe I did have a death wish. Ignoring Max's advice and my whole body tingling now, I fired another message.

In your dreams.

And this is the part where I await my death. I stared at the screen fearfully, waiting for Alec Knight's hand to shoot out through the screen and  strangle me. Would I have  time to scream? I bit my lip waiting for his reply. What if he didn't reply? Was this some mini revenge because I said that to him?
Maybe what I typed next was because it was easier to make sarcastic retorts when there were thousands of miles between him and me. Maybe because I couldn't see his face and his dangerous gaze pinning me down. And maybe that's why without thinking I typed-

Is the famous bad boy Alec Knight too scared too reply to a nerd?

Nice meeting you guys. I threw my phone on my desk and jumped in my bed and squeezed my eyes shut. Go to sleep. Do not look at your phone. Don't you dare. If you do, you are just going to say stupider things which will make you regeret being born. When he is in front of you, you will shit your goddamn pants. The phone pinged. Oh who the hell am I kidding? I scrabbled out of bed and grabbed my phone. Leaning against the desk, my shaky legs barely supporting me, I read his message, exhilaration pooling in my stomach.

You do not want to play this game Elise. Especially not with me.

The inner challenge taker fired up inside me. Game huh?

What game are u implying here Knight?

Tutoring tomorrow. My house. 5:30. Be there.

Now he wanted the class? I had already made plans with Max and Maci and I was not going to ditch them for Alec. Choosing my words carefully I replied.

I'm busy at that time.

Do I look like I give a shit? You don't have a choice. Take it or I will go to Mr.M and twist the story round to make it look like his star student FAILED at a job.

He wouldn't do that would he?

Oh yes I will. Decide. Goodnight sweetheart.

He just spookily answered my unasked asked question! AND he called me sweetheart! What the hell! It showed Alec was offline now. I kept my phone away and tried to go to sleep. My whole body was shaking , though with excitement or fear, I couldn't tell. Anticipation was eating me inside out. Alec Knight sure was a mystery.

That's when I remembered why I had actually messaged him. To ask why he wants this tutoring even when he was capable of studying himself. Oh well...

********************************************************************************

What do you'll think Alec's lil game is? *grins evilly* READ ON to find out!Please please please VOTE and COMMENT!!!!Xoxo!