|12|

I tapped my foot impatiently as I waited for Alec outside school. The idiot was taking his own sweet time. As I glanced at my watch, I felt a hand tap my shoulder.
"Finally, Alec!" I exclaimed in annoyance as I turned behind."Wha..." My voice trailed away. It wasn't Alec.

"Hey." Nate said smiling.
"Uh hey?" I mumbled like the fool I was. God why was I so awkward all the damn time. "What's up?"
"Nothing. I was just..ah...wondering if you wanted a ride home..since you're just standing here?" He gave a tiny smile."But I guess you're expecting Alec."

"Um yeah.. I am actually, you know since I'm given the boon to tutor him." I joked and laughed extra loudly to cover up this weirdness.
Nate laughed and ran a hand through his hair. "Yeah.." He said."So are you sure you don't need a ride?"

Had I turned pretty or something? Would all the prettiness disappear once the clock struck 12? I wondered.
"Believe me I would really take up on the offer but Alec would probably kill me." I replied wistfully. Trust Alec to ruin my one chance with a guy.
Nate shrugged and grinned. He began walking but turned back almost at once.
"Hey have you got a thing going on with Alec and stuff?" Nate looked at me searchingly. I laughed out loud. Like doubled over.
"Alec and me? Wow. No Nate".

Nate breathed out and laughed a bit too. "Alright then. See you sometime later?" He asked with a hopeful expression. "Um yeah, definitely." I nodded turning pink feeling uncomfortable under his gaze. Just then I saw Alec coming down the steps...with a blonde. He gave her a wet sloppy kiss and I saw his hand slip up under her shirt. For god's sake. I rolled my eyes but a weird feeling came over me seeing that. No wonder he was taking so much time. Before I knew it, Nate came towards me and wrapped his arms around me in a hug. What the heck? I laughed a bit nervously and hugged him back. This was the most awkward hug ever! I tensed and he must have noticed because he pulled back. "Are you okay?"
"Yeah."I smiled weakly. It wasn't often that a cute popular boy hugged me and waited expectantly for my answers. What was going on?
"Are we ready to go home here?"I heard an annoyed voice. A familiar annoyed voice. I stepped out of Nate's hold and bit my lip. How did Alec get here so fast?
"Yeah." I said to Alec. He totally surprised me by slinging his arm around my waist and pulling me close. Nate narrowed his eyes at Alec. Okay I was definitely in a parallel universe right now.
"So we'll definitely meet up?" Nate asked looking straight at me. Before I could even answer Alec pulled me away.
"What's wrong with you?" I asked Alec more then annoyed. "You had no right to pull me away like that. I was talking."
"You were done talking. Get in the fucking car ." Alec snapped. I flinched at his tone. Half scared, I slid into Alec's amazing black Audi R8. I resisted the urge to squeal. Hell, he was loaded. The smell of expensive leather engulfed me. Alec sat in too and started the car. It roared to life.
"It would sure be good to ride this beast." I murmured to myself.
Alec turned to me, raised an eyebrow and smirked as he put on his seat belt. "It sure would."

I blushed bright red at his intended innuendo and strapped myself in the seatbelt as Alec revved out.
Once we hit the road, Alec slammed the accelerator and the car zipped forward. Thank the gods the road was kinda empty. I clutched the dashboard.

"Slow the heck down Alec! You're gonna get a ticket!" I screeched.
Alec looked at me grinned and floored it even more.
"Are you scared?"

"Of dying in a speeding car and getting your insides splattered all over the road, hell yeah I'm beyond scared!" I bit the inside of my cheek. "Please slow down."

Alec slowed down considerably but we were still exceeding the limit. "Want me to drift at this turn?" Alec challenged.
I looked at him. He was looking ahead calmly, a smug grin resting on his perfectly carved face. Had he lost his mind?
Alec laughed at my expression."Just kidding Elle." This was the first time he had called me by my nick name.
And it felt good.
But suddenly the image of him and the blonde floated unwelcome into my mind and I deflated.
He probably just called me Elle because of the stupid game.
*************************************************************
That's a lil Alecness and Elleness!!;)
Vote and Comment! Xoxo!