Part Six- Aftermath

George's POV 

Slowly, I pulled away from Flare, savoring the kiss as much as I could. I knew that I had just ruined any chances that I had to be with her in one moment. My heart flipped and clenched painfully in my chest. Feeling the pain already. 

"George." She whispered breathlessly as she opened her eyes. I stared into her eyes, eyes that I couldn't get enough of. I held my breath. 

"Sorry." I whispered softly. 

She blinked twice at me before launching back into my arms. Her mouth pushed against mine, sending my mind into a turmoil. 

And just as soon as it began, she pulled away far too quickly. There was a growl in my throat that I couldn't swallow back down. 

There was a small smile on her face, though her cheeks were so red that I wouldn't be surprised if it was the same shade as my hair. 

"Sorry George." Her voice was small and quiet as if she was embarrassed about the kiss. 

I placed a finger under her chin and gently lifted up her head. "Don't be." 

She lost her smile quickly. "George, this can't happen." 

My heart skipped a beat. "Your brother doesn't have to know. Or your father." 

"Despite that my father could tear you apart, I don't really care what he thinks about my boyfriends." She growled. "But if the school found out..." 

Flare trailed off into nothing, her eyes down casted.  

"Flare, I won't let anyone know. I just want you."  

She pulled away sharply as if I had stung her. "This can't happen. You're a Gryffindor and I'm a Slytherin. We just-" 

"Stop making up excuses!" I growled. "Do you or do you not like me?" 

"I do." Flare spoke in a small voice, her hand on the door handle. 

"Do you or do you not have a boyfriend?" I whispered, lowering my voice greatly. She looked back at me, her eyes teary yet amused. 

"Nikki said that to Draco to get him off my case George. So I could have a chance with you." 

A smile spread across my face as I stepped forward. "Good." 

She gave me a small laugh, a smile playing on her own face. "George, if you tell Fred and I tell Nikki, we might be able to do this." 

I pulled her towards me tenderly, getting lost in those eyes again. "Now that's what I want to hear from you." 

Tenderly, I kissed her again.