Part Twenty Two- Earless Wonder

Flare's POV

I paced the Weasley house, looking up at the sky every minute or so. George still wasn't back.

Last night was still fresh in my mind and my body as George and I-

"Flare, is anyone back?"

God! It was as if she knew what we did! "No!"

"Keep watching!"

What else was I suppose to do! I snapped mentally at George's mother. First your husband asked me sleep with Draco and now this!

Fred and Mr. Weasley should be back already, and that didn't help Mrs. Weasley. Her son and husband was missing. I didn't notice, since my own man was missing.

There was a splash and a yell that sent Mrs. Weasley running out of the house. Ginny brushed past me, looking at me as she went past.

Hagrid and Harry had arrived. There was another yell that sent me into motion. Uncle Remus's.

"George!" I yelled loudly, propelling forward. My feet skidded as they appeared, George unconscious between Remus and Harry. "George?"

I followed them into the house, fear flooding into me. What happened? What was wrong? Is he dead? So many questions, so little answers.

Mrs. Weasley and Ginny were in my way, so I couldn't see him. "Ginny, move!" I snapped, pushing her out of my way. She took one look at George and backed away.

My breath left me. The whole right side of his face was covered in blood. It was everywhere, even in his hair, and where is ear was suppose to be was a gaping hole.

"God, no!" I whispered. Louder I screeched. "George!"

His eyes flickered open and he moaned. Mrs. Weasley, who has stroking his hair, nodded to me then to her, telling me to take over. I quickly scooted over, tears falling over my face. I traced his hairline, his eyes, his nose down to his jaw, and back up to his lips.

"My fault. I should have argued with you. It should have been me getting hurt and not you. You have too much too lose. I have nearly nothing."

He moaned again, turning his head towards my voice. My fingers traced the hole in his head, blood sticking to them. They travelled down to his jaw again, back up to his hair.

"Open your eyes for me baby. Open them up so I can see those big handsome brown eyes of yours. Those eyes that I always want to see every morning and every night before I close my own."

Everyone else had entered the house by now. Someone had there arms wrapped around me, holding me as if to say that they understood.

I ignored them all. "George, please, look at me. I need to know that you're still here, with us. I need to know that you haven't-" I swallowed and started to beg. "Just look at me."

"Georgie, how do you feel?"

Fred's voice was right behind me. So Fred was holding me. Interesting, yet comforting.

"I'm saintlike." George murmured.

"What?" Fred asked, gripping me tightly.

"Saintlike. I'm holy, Fred, geddit. I'm holey."

I smoothed his hair continuously, laughing gently as tears of relief fell.

Fred whispered. "With all the ear related humor, you go with 'I'm holey.' That's pathetic."

George cracked his eyes open and focused on Fred behind me. "I reckon I'm still better looking then you. I still have the beauty."

I smiled weakly, kissing him on the lips tenderly. I forced myself to pull away. "You always will."