Part Seventeen- Lies, Betrayal and Power

Selena's POV

I slid down onto the leather couch in the Slytherin Common Room, looking around the common room as I did so. Flare and Nikki were talking in the corner, heads close, necks bent. I narrowed my eyes at them, ignoring them. They didn't deserve my friendship anymore. As a servant to the Dark Lord, of course they don't.

My eyes caught a movement and watched as Draco and Blaise walked over to the two witches. Nikki threw herself at her boyfriend, hugging him tightly. Flare on the other hand just lightly cheeked Draco's cheek, as if she was aware of what she was doing and didn't want to. What did the Order ask her to do?

"Hey Sel." I turned my head towards my boyfriend's voice. Scorpius smiled at me, sitting down beside me. I smiled back.

"Hey you."

He didn't move or anything, just sat there and stared at his sister. "Still not talking I see."

"Why would I talk to her? She's nothing compared to me."

"She's everything compared to you!" He hissed violently. "Why else would he want her?"

I narrowed my eyes. "Why is she so special?"

He didn't speak for awhile, deciding what to tell me. I huffed and turned away.

"I'm still trying to figure it out, all right? Maybe because she can see the future. Or she's an Animangus that's unregistered. I seriously don't know." He snapped softly. "All I know is that he wants my sister alive."

"Ha!" I hissed. "You called her your sister. You said that you had no feeling for her as family any more!"

He growled viciously. "I don't. I'm still getting use to the fact that I disowned her. Even the Dark Lord knows that. Besides, Mum said-"

"Of course. Your Mum said something." I snarled softly. "Why do you think we're waiting for Draco now! Because your Mum said something!"

I closed my mouth and looked around. Draco was looking over at us through narrowed gray eyes, shaking his head. A growl reached my throat, hating Flare with every ounce of my body. She knew I liked her brother, but we agreed that Draco was OFF LIMITS.

Softer I whispered. "Scorp, Flare would double cross us without a second thought."

"No. Flare wouldn't double cross anyone. She'd switch sides but never double cross." He whispered back. There was a hint of smile to his voice, as if he was-

"You're proud of her, aren't you? You're proud that she's strong and safe." I accused.

He blinked at me with mild shock. "Her and I alike. Why would I be proud of her?"

I glared at him and dropped the topic. "What about HIM?" I nodded towards Blaise. "Are we recruiting him?"

"No. Only her." He whispered. Slowly, he got up and stretched. "I need to think. Night."

"Hmm." I watched him walk away.

My mind shifted views for a moment. He was playing at something, I knew it, and he was hiding it from me. And if he's hiding it from me, he's hiding it from the Dark Lord. He's my ticket to power.

Flare got up from her spot, leaving everyone else behind and walking into the dorm. No, SHE was my ticket to power. If I kill her or bring her to the other side I would be beside Bellatrix and Zenith, Scorpius' mother.

Now, only to figure out how to bring her over.

A small smile played at my lips as I pictured a certain ginger in my mind. Bingo.