Chapter One

"Believe me, I never wanted him to do that. He had no right to say those things to you. I talk to him about almost everything, tell him almost everything that ever annoys me. I was annoyed and frustrated with you, so he took that as a sign that he did have the right to call you out on it. But he didn't and trust me I won't let him do it again. I'll talk to him, don't worry."

The bell rang, cutting Brooke off. The rustle off papers and zippers of laptop bags filled the room as everyone packed up, ready to move onto their next class. English was the most boring class I had ever taken. Of course I had to wait until senior year to take the only language arts class that was required to graduate. It was filled with freshmen and sophomores, Brooke and I were the only seniors in the class. Grandview school district required three language arts credits to graduate, and they required only one: English. So of course I put it off until senior year. Boy was that the worst decision I have ever made.

Brooke walked over to my desk and we started to walk out of the class, heading to my locker. Brooke was one of my good friends and we had both waited for English. I got my AP calculus book out of my locker and waved my other best friend, Stephanie over.

"So this weekend. I know I said we were going to have a girl's night before all the partys of October started. But, Ethan is throwing the first big party of the fall and I promised him I would show up for half an hour. But only half an hour, okay? Then we go home, order a butt load of pizza, and watch sad Disney movies until we cry ourselves to sleep, okay?"I looked at her hopeful, knowing that we hadn't had a girl's night in forever. But, Ethan wanted me to come. He said he had a surprise that I couldn't miss, and me being my curious self, I couldn't pass up.

"Is Noah going to be there? If not, then no. You can't expect me to lose girl night time and not see my boyfriend to. Either you or both of you."

I shook my head at her and laughed.

"Yeah, he'll be there." I took a look at her, and nodded in the direction of the next class we shared together.

"Katie, you do realize they give us ten minutes in passing time, right? We can take a couple seconds to chat." She said to me as we both turned to walk. I laughed and thought about the fact that she said this every day, yet we never changed our routine.

"Okay. I guess we can please the people and make an appearance at Ethan's party." She laughed and turned the corner, right smack into the man himself.

"Hey!" Stephanie exclaimed. "We were just talking about you!"

He smirked and looked me in the eye. His piercing gray eyes seemed to stare right into me.

"So. Will you be showing up to my party or is, and I quote, "Girl night" going to happen with no interruptions or delayed starts?" He asked. I laughed and said,

"Yeah, we'll be there for half an hour." 

Ethan smirked and leaned against the wall we were standing next to.

"Good. I couldn't have my favorite girl not at my first party of the year." He flirted, watching my reaction carefully. 

I laughed and decided to play along. 

"I thought your favorite girl was Alexi?" He ran his fingers through his hair and gave me a grin. 

"Second favorite."

Stephanie sighed and stepped in between the middle of us.

"I would tell you two to get a room, but we don't have the time. We all have to get to the oh so glorious class of drawing, and we don't want to be late. Because this is instruction we will never want to live without."