Chapter Eight

Hey! It's me again! Welcome to Chapter Eight! Some of you may be hating me for the way I left things in chapter seven, and I'm sorry. That was the way I had planned for things to go, and this chapter may be longer than usual. I know most of my chapters are short, so this may be average size? I don't know but I hope you aren't too mad at me.

Happy Reading!!

I put my hand on Ethan's' arm, not believing what I'm seeing. My other hand flutters to my heart, completely blindsided by what I'm looking at. I'm watching the person I thought I loved clash mouths with the person Ethan loves. Ethan and Alexi's one year was in two weeks. I had a feeling they wouldn't be celebrating anymore.

I looked at Ethan and I could see him filling up with rage. Neither Evan nor Alexi had noticed we were standing twenty feet away. And looking at Ethan I knew he was about to burst. So I decided to say something first. 

"Evan?" I questioned, still not wanting to believe it was him.

He managed to untangle his face from hers, and looked up at me. I saw instantly his surprise, and then realization when he saw who I was. 

"Katie?" He said, quickly getting up from the bench. "What are you doing here?"

I could feel the tears behind my eyes but I refused to let them spill out. 

"What am I doing here? What are you doing here? Making out with someone that isn't me?"

He faltered and I felt the hurt. The same hurt that had been there when he left, but a thousand times worse. And this time, he chose to hurt me. He didn't hurt me because he couldn't avoid he. He did it by his own obligation. Alexi had yet to look up and I knew if she gave one look at Ethan, he would snap. 

"How could you? How could you tell me you never stopped loving me, took me on dates, made me believe you, just to do this?"

My hand his still on Ethan's arm and I wrap it around his bicep to make sure he wouldn't do anything he would regret later. 

Alexi slowly stood up and I saw Ethan follow her with his eyes. She took a step towards us, and I felt Ethan tighten. She saw him and I saw her face fall.

"What were either of you thinking?" Ethan saw quietly.

"I never meant to hurt you Ethan." Alexi responded.

"Not what I asked."

"You're always spending more time with her than you ever do with me. I'm the girlfriend. I should come first. But you always want to spend time with her. That bitch is taking you away from me."

Ethan reacts instantly. He jumps forward, but I pull him back. If she was a he, then she would have been on the ground in .7 seconds. But he was the girl he loved, the girl he had talked about spending the rest of his life with. I saw this breaking him apart. I'm sure it felt exactly the way it felt in me. 

"Do not call her that. She is my best friend and has been since second grade. I love her like a sister, and that will never change. Is this the first time, or have you been making out with my best friend's boyfriend for quite some time now?"

I saw Evan glance over at her, and I immediately knew the answer. 

"Did you come together?"

Evan nods.

"Leave and get out of my sight before I bash your heads into the ground."

I see Alexi reach for Ethan , but he turns away. 

"Katie, don't make me leave." Evan pleads with me. I see the begging look in his eyes, but I no longer see the person I loved with all my heart. I saw the person that had willingly betrayed me and hurt me. Broke my heart into a million little pieces.