Chapter Six

I'm sitting next to Emma as she read Chapter five and its freaking hilarious.

I climb inside Evan's car, trying to be excited for our mystery date, but I couldn't get Brooke off my mind. I couldn't help but worry about what might happen if Jacob somehow got his hands on her. She would never trust another guy to touch her. Ever. It had taken her a while before she would let her own father touch her. What would happen if he found her again? She would break and it would be us picking up the pieces. Again.

Evan reaches over the console and takes my hand.

"Hey? Don't worry about her. She's safe with Steph and everyone. You'll be back with her in a couple of hours. You know they will kill him if he ever even tries to get within half a mile of her." He tells me, trying to reassure me.

"I know. But I can't help but worry about her, ya know?" 

He nods and smiles at me.

"If you can't get your mind of her by the end of the night, there is seriously something wrong with you. You must really hate fun if you can't."

He then lets go of my hand and reaches down into the console, and pulls out a piece of fabric. He hands it to me, and motions for me to put it over my eyes. I give him a funny, but comply anyways.

"Can you see anything?" He asks me.

Unfortunately, this is a very thick piece of fabric and I really can't see a thing.

"No, not a thing." 

"Good." He answers, and I can see him smirking in my mind. 

It takes us about twenty minutes to get wherever we are going. 

"Wait." He says and I can hear the door open and close. I wait a couple seconds, and then I hear my door open. I feel Evan"s hands on my hand and my arm, and he's pulling me out of the car. His hand is on my back and my arm, and he is pulling me one way.

"Can I take the blindfold off now?" I ask him. 

"Nope. We need to walk a couple more minutes before you can."

I groan, but continue walking where he's guiding me. I can smell a very distinctive smell:poop. Just when I'm about to ask him if I can take it off again, he stops me. 

"Alright, take it off." 

I reach up and untie the blindfold, excited to find out where we are. I see horses. We are at a horseback riding ranch. 

"You brought me to a horse ranch?"

"Are you sure this is safe?"I asked the rancher, hesitant to get on the horse. 

"Of course it's safe." Mel, our instructor, told me.

I hadn't ridden a horse since I was a kid. And all I can seem to remember, even though I had better memories, was falling off the pony at the state fair. 

"You  grab the knob looking things, stick your foot in the stirrup,swing your other leg over, and then I'll be here to help you stick your other foot in the stirrup on the other side."

I looked at Mel, and she smiled and nodded at me. I took a deep breathe, and looking at Evan. he smiled at me, but I could tell that he was holding back laughter. I sneered at him and refocused back on mounting the horse. I grab the knob looking things, take another breathe, then stick my foot in the stirrup and jump up, swinging my leg up and over the horse. Mel grabs my foot and sticks it in the other stirrup.