Welcome to the Phantomhive Estate!

Your P.O.V:

Do you ever look back on your life and just wonder why certain things happened to you? I tend to do that a lot. I like to look at my life like it's a book. The thought that maybe someone could read my life like a story and be entertained by it, well it makes me feel much better about my life. Some things I'm very grateful for, other things... Well, I have to wonder what my life would be like today if those things didn't happen. Would it be better, or maybe worse? I may never know. Currently, in my book of life, I'm sitting in a carriage with a young Lady and a handmaiden. We're on our way to the Lady's Fiancé's estate. I tend to wonder how different it must be to be betrothed at such a young age. I do feel like I must think about the events that led me to this moment. Lady Elizabeth Ethel Cordelia Midford, such a mouthful, but anyway, she is a young lady I met at a ball not too long ago. I was contracted into a mission by the Ferro family. I was told to capture Ciel Phantomhive and kill his butler, who I've been told has a few tricks up his sleeve. I accepted the mission on account of my appreciation of a good challenge, which I'm sure this butler will give me, and also the pretty good pay I'd be given. After getting the information, I went to a ball to start making connections to eventually get into the Phantomhive Estate without breaking and entering- just without making a big fuss. I absolutely didn't need my face in the paper, being an assassin and all. There was no deadline for the mission, but I did have to report every other day. Due to that fact, I could take all the time I needed to get acquainted with the nobles of England. Surprisingly the nobles were even more backstabbing than I am. I backstab, literally and on some occasions figuratively. Those snobs backstabbed with every breath they breathed. I should say most of the nobles were like that, most were, but not all. Actually, this is how I met Lady Elizabeth. The viscount, Druitt I think his name was, was bugging me and complimenting me in the creepiest ways. I kind of ran with it because of the connections I needed to make, but I was getting tired of talking to the drama king. That's when the young Lady came over and complimented my dress and how, overall, I looked. Of course, the viscount tried to jump into the conversation, but slowly and surely Elizabeth and I eventually got away from dreadful Druitt.

Elizabeth was different than the other nobles. With her still being very young, she was very innocent and genuinely kind. It was nice to actually talk to someone who wasn't looking after their own personal gain. Thus, she and I became fast friends and kept in contact for about over a month. Now she trusted me enough to take me to the Phantomhive manor. On the way, Lizzy was talking about how big the estate was and how she used to go there to play with Ciel all the time when they were little. I truly loved it when she would tell me about her and Ciel, it was adorable. When it would get kind of quiet, I had time to think about how this mission could go and all of the possible outcomes. Finally, I spaced out a bit and Elizabeth's handmaiden was shaking bells to get my attention. I laughed and then apologized, "I'm so sorry Elizabeth, I was thinking." The young lady then smiled. "It's quite all right my dear, we should be arriving very soon though. I can't wait for you to meet Ciel and his household!" Lizzy clapped her hands together, smiling widely. I looked out the window and sighed. I kind of felt bad for using the young lady, she'd been so sweet and kind. The more and more I thought about this mission, the more and more I wished that I was really coming here to relax and meet Ciel on the terms of not having to capture him. I made a deal though and I never EVER go back on my word, even if it will get me in quite a bit of trouble. Finally, Elizabeth snapped me out of my thoughts. "Here we are dear, this is the Phantomhive manor." I looked out the window, "It's quite big." Elizabeth just giggled and smiled at my remark. I looked out the window again where I saw a tall man with black hair and piercing red eyes. I watched as he approached the carriage. I kept hoping that he wasn't Ciel's butler. The guy was quite attractive and I hated when I had to kill someone as handsome as him.