To Kill a Family

Your P.O.V.:

I hated not having any control over myself. What is life without free will? I never really questioned that until now. Free will is such a gift and I never realized that beforehand. At this point, it has been a few months since my free will had been taken away from me. I know I mentioned it before, but I really hated not being able to resist William's commands. I haven't seen Sebastian in what feels like ages, even centuries even though I know it has only been about three months. Not seeing him had been killing me inside.

'What if he thinks I am dead? What if he gave up trying to find me? What if Ciel commanded him to forget me and move on with life and other things? What if he found someone else?'

These thoughts were all running through my head. After all, I could not speak for myself or do anything without being commanded to by William. I had all the time in the world to overthink various situations. I had watched William command me to kill so many people who did not even deserve it. My theory had been proven.

William had gone mad.

He ordered me to eliminate those who we did not even have a contract for, he thought they were in the guild's way. He turned from the most caring man I had ever known to the most insane and heartless person I had ever known. I have to wonder if realizing that Edward was dead and killed by my lover was the ultimate breaking point for him. Maybe this was all my fault, but if I could go back, I still wouldn't change a thing. I would repeat the same actions as before. I would not have met my dear Sebastian and met my brand-new family. 'I may have faced some hardships in my life, but I wouldn't trade my friends and family for a thing in this world.' I'd missed them, dearly.

Third Person P.O.V.:

Sebastian and Ciel had been fighting a lot as of late. Sebastian was normally one to just give snarky little retorts to Ciel's brashness and towards certain decisions, the Lord Phantomhive had made, but Sebastian's reactions had been downright rude and condescending, causing Ciel to have to correct Sebastian on his behavior more than once. Finally, Ciel decided that if he was going to get anything done, he needed to find a way to appease Sebastian because apparently, his soul wasn't enough.

"My soul isn't enough for you to be content with doing my bidding, Sebastian?" Ciel glared daggers at Sebastian. Sebastian sighed and decided to just tell the master what he wanted to hear. "No my lord, your soul is more than enough." Ciel rolled his eye and stomped over to Sebastian as he stood tall, calm, and collected. "Sebastian. It seems we will not get anything done while you are like this. Therefore, I'm giving you a mission. Go to Lizzy and her family. Ask them questions. Ask their servants questions. Anyone who resides within the manor. Investigate and find (Y/n)." Sebastian looked surprised and didn't have any words. "Get going, Sebastian. You're wasting precious time. I'll be in the study. I expect you to be back in time to serve me dinner. Until then, do what you will. Baldroy, Finney, and Mey-Rin can handle.... the minimal things."

Ciel turned on his heel and marched off towards the study. Sebastian finally closed his mouth and managed to crack a bit of a smile. It quickly went away as he was ready to find his beloved. He had thought demons couldn't love, for how could they? They fed on the souls of the very humans he lived among. Especially tortured souls. He wondered. Could she be different or had he been wrong for all these years?

Sebastian instantly went to work. He practically flew to the Midford residence. He knocked on their door politely at first. No answer. Sebastian then knocked proceedingly louder and louder. Finally, Sebastian took a deep breath and slowly opened the door. There was no one in the foyer. He walked into the dining room and saw food out partially eaten. Sebastian stuck to the shadows after he heard a thump of the door closing. He saw a man. One of the Queen's Knights. Sebastian stepped out of the shadows only to have a sword pointed at him and then sheathed as the knight recognized him.

"Sebastian? Why are you here? Where's Ciel? Where is my family?" Sebastian sighed. "Lord Edward. I suppose you've returned for a holiday with your family as a surprise for your sister Lady Elizabeth." Edward Midford. The older brother of Elizabeth Midford. Heir to the Midford wealth. He chose to be a knight to serve Queen Victoria. To protect the queen and country. Edward Midford made a very small fortune on top of being born into wealth to prove he would be more than capable of managing his family's finances. Being a knight forced him to perfect his swordsmanship as well so he could take care of himself and his family be it present or future.

"Yes, but why are YOU here?!" Edward unsheathed his sword pointing it at Sebastian's face again. Sebastian calmly flicked Edward's sword away. "My lord Phantomhive sent me to investigate the whereabouts of (Y/n)-", "you mean my fiancée?" Sebastian was taken aback. "I was under the influence that the Marquess and Marchioness had just adopted Miss (L/n) into your family..." "Sebastian I know you two are really close friends but I promise I'll take care of her when we find her. Now let's search the estate and we can bicker and argue about this arrangement later. My family's safety comes first." Edward ran up the stairs and Sebastian half-heartedly searched with him. A part of his heart was breaking. Sebastian and Edward found scattered executed servants of the house and eventually found the Marquess and Marchioness stuffed in a closet in one of the hallways, unconscious but alive. They finally heard screaming and ran towards the noise.

Your P.O.V.:
NO!!! Tried as I might I couldn't regain self-control and free will. I had attacked the very staff that served me months ago. They didn't deserve to die like this. I tried to attack my family who took me in. I tried harming them when they tried to protect Lizzy. I knocked them unconscious... I could have sworn the order from William was to kill those who got in my way of kidnapping Elizabeth. 'Don't scream Lizzy. Please don't see me as a monster.' I hid you from Sebastian and your brother so well. I didn't want to fight them. I had never met your brother but I didn't want to hurt a part of my family. 'Lizzy, why did you scream? I know I'm scary, but I didn't want this to happen.' I didn't want to watch but I was fighting Sebastian. I had to. They got in my way. "(Y/N)! THIS IS NOT YOU! LOOK ME IN THE EYES." I didn't even hesitate I just kicked Sebastian in the gut and he looked so confused. I blocked an incoming strike from Lizzy's brother's sword. Lizzy had gotten out of my henchmen's grips as they were all dead from her brother. I guess he was sorta my brother too now. Or was? I knew if I ever got out of that trance of obedience to William, no one would want to have me back. I jumped over Sebastian's head and landed running after Lizzy. Sebastian ran after me and grabbed me by my shoulders. "Listen to me! I love you! You don't have to do any of this!"

'Sebastian... why? You may be the demon. But I am the true monster...' I dropped to my knees for a moment and my head started hurting like hell. Pounding and burning. I grabbed my hair in pain almost strong enough to rip it out and screamed in a pitch only a banshee could make. Finally, I stood up calmly and smiled at Sebastian. He leaned in for a kiss and I banged my head off of his, knocking him to the ground. I continued to run after Lizzy. I tackled her to the ground and dirtied up her favorite pink dress. "(Y/N)! Why are you doing this?!" Lizzy was bawling her eyes out. "I thought we were sisters!!!" I just got up and grabbed her by her arm harshly and ran with her towards the guild. I knew this was a trap for Ciel and Sebastian. To kill them. I couldn't do anything about it.

AUTHORS NOTE!!!:
Hey guys. Long-time no-read. Haha..... yeah. I'm sorry it's been like a year. I have been working on this it's just sometimes I can't be creative and really can't think of anything and I've actually been busy for once in my life with cheerleading and all that. Anyway, thank you for sticking around. It's my senior year, I literally get senior pictures tomorrow 😂😱!! Anyway thanks for reading and voting and it makes me happy some people still believe in reading my stories. I love you all. You make my creative wings fly 😂

See ya next chapter!!!