Perfection Never Stays Too Long

Your P.O.V.:

After about a month, I was healed. The only thing left from my injuries and wounds were scars. To be completely honest I liked my scars... in a sense. I was living in Lady Elizabeth's estate and visiting Sebastian every time Lizzy went to visit Ciel, which was pretty often. It only took me another month to climb the social ladder to almost where Ciel and Elizabeth were. I was going to more social events and gaining an actual good reputation for myself. That's why I liked my scars. They were a nuisance to cover up, but it showed that I survived all that I had been through, and there I was, climbing the social ladder and gaining a good name for myself. As for being an assassin? I still 'exercised' my 'skills' with Sebastian sometimes. Ciel paid me to help him with his job on days I wasn't busy with Elizabeth. He paid well, and I worked alongside Sebastian. The job also kept me on my toes, letting me use my 'skills' when the situation turned to shit, which was actually quite a bit. Ciel was actually a somewhat nice boss, he had definitely grown on me. Yes, Ciel was quite nice before, but I soon learned that afterward, he thought that I was nothing but trouble and that he also had a bit of an attitude. Although, despite that, I treated him as a little brother, just as I treated Elizabeth as my own little sister.

Oh, I forgot to mention that at that point in time, Sebastian and I had decided to make our relationship official. Sebastian gave me a whole speech about how he didn't think that demons could love and that he promised to protect me from any danger. I had a problem with that promise, but he was being so sweet, I didn't want him to think about the possibility of having to choose between Ciel and me when it came to his 'contract'. I also forgot to mention that Sebastian told me about him being a demon as well. I also met a few of his 'friends'. Grell and Will already met me when I was kidnapped. Grell definitely didn't like me at first, I complimented his nails and hair though which led to us having a whole conversation about Sebastian's good qualities and assets, so I guess you could've said we were frenemies? I honestly didn't know.

All I knew was that everything was perfect. I had good money, nice clothes, a beautiful place to live in (even though the manor wasn't mine), and a new family.

I loved my life during that time, but like most perfect things, it didn't last long.

One day, Sebastian had gotten permission from Ciel to have a night off and Sebastian, being the nice gentlemen he was, decided to take me on a 'proper date' as he put it. Normally we just walked around Ciel's estate and talked. Well, there were also nights with more 'physical activity' than others as well, but still. To me, a date didn't have to be expensive, but it had to keep me entertained. So, when Sebastian pitched the idea of taking me somewhere different rather than walking around the estate and its garden again, well, I loved the idea, mainly because I always loved going somewhere different.

Sebastian knew that too, that's why he offered to take me out for a walk around London. Of course, I accepted his offer, with Sebastian I didn't care where I was going, I knew I'd have fun.

Well, I was partially right about having fun. Sebastian and I were walking around areas in London where Sebastian had memories that gave him stories to tell me. I did love a good story and Sebastian was full of them, all of them being (surprisingly) true. After a while, we got to some taverns. Sebastian told me about how he had to go there to get some answers as to where my old guild was so that he could find and rescue me. Memories flooded back from that night. Tears started to roll down my cheeks after Sebastian told me about how determined he was to find me. That night was terrible. Sebastian saw me in my most frail state. Edward abused me in so many ways and then when I watched Sebastian kill him... I was so scared, I was happy, and I was relieved that I wouldn't ever have to go back to that asshole and his guild again. Why was I crying about that night though? I was crying because Edward had abused me more than he ever did before. Sebastian saved me from that. I was crying because I was happy, I was there with Sebastian, walking around London freely, and not being locked up in Edward's room for the rest of my life, which is was would have happened if it weren't for Sebastian.