Lovely Little Mistakes

Your P.O.V.:

I woke up the next morning feeling very odd. I was half-dressed when Sebastian came in with some food. Sadly, even after a few months of experience with corsets, I still couldn't lace it up the whole way by myself so, Sebastian had to help me. I thanked him and kissed him on the cheek, but didn't allow my lips to linger as I continued getting dressed. "What? No 'good morning'? That's hardly the (Y/n) I know and love." Sebastian chuckled, walked over and as I was fixing up my hair, he put his arms around my waist. I sighed and leaned back into him. "Sebastian... I have to leave." I turned to look at him and he seemed surprised, but he quickly smiled again and chuckled halfheartedly. "You're joking." I gave him a look that said I was serious and his smile quickly faded. "You're serious?" I gently took his hands off of my waist and I walked over towards the bed and started packing some of my things up. Sebastian just stood there watching me with a hurt expression on his face. I finished packing and turned around, hugging him tightly. I didn't dare look at his face. "I'm sorry... I had a bad feeling when I woke up and my hunch is normally right when it comes to these things." I stood on the tip of my toes and kissed Sebastian on the lips, he still seemed shocked and hurt. I barely whispered, "I'm sorry." I grabbed the huge suitcase with all of my stuff inside and started walking down the hall. I actually passed Prince Soma and Agni on the way out. It was hard to get away from the prince and his proposals, but I always found a way out. I finally walked out of the huge doors of the Phantomhive estate. It was my first time going out of them without Sebastian telling me that we'd see each other soon.

I walked down the road with my huge case of dresses (that I had to partially drag) and eventually by nightfall I made it to Lady Elizabeth's manor. Oddly enough, Druitt, who kidnapped me before, was in fact, still alive somehow. He offered me a ride and I took it. Of course, he tried to woo me, which never worked, and eventually, I got to Lady Elizabeth's and was greeted by the Midfords. I loved that family so much, they were like my new set of parents and a little sister I never had before. Besides that, I flopped down on my bed as soon as I reached my room, but I still couldn't shake my bad feeling. I felt like I was being watched... Sure enough, a week went by, and as I made preparations to leave the country as a whole, I got letters from Sebastian, Ciel, and the guild. The guild's letter was in William's handwriting and said that I had one more week to come back and if I didn't show up, I'd be hunted down because I had my chance. Ciel's letter, of course, was about work and Sebastian's letter was about us and saying how he could protect me from the guild.

I believed that, yes, but I was using strategy.

The guild wouldn't be afraid to attack the Phantomhive estate because they got jobs to take out Ciel and Sebastian all the time, but the Midfords were a pretty high-up and pleasant family. They never really did anything to anger anyone. The guild couldn't tarnish its reputation by randomly attacking nobles that weren't on their hit list. That would cause other nobles that pay to take down other nobles to think twice. They would think that the guild was going on a rampage or a raid. So, unless the Midfords left me alone at the house for some odd reason, then the guild wouldn't be able to get me.

I felt really bad because I knew Lizzy wanted to go for walks, go into London, go to parties, or even just visit Ciel, but I had to decline each and every one of her invitations. I told her I felt sick every time and because of that, she never went to go do anything by herself. She always wanted me there with her, which I understood, but I felt terrible because she never went to do anything fun for herself. She just sat in my room and talked to me all day, every day.

Finally, I broke down and told her why I really wasn't going places. I didn't tell her everything, but I told her that there was an assassin's guild after me and she didn't really seem all that shocked. She just seemed determined to protect me and that no matter what I said, her decision was final.